Logic Apps

Logic Apps allow developers to design workflows that articulate intent via a trigger and series of steps, each invoking an App Service API app whilst securely taking care of authentication and best practices like durable execution.
If you have any feedback or ideas on Azure Logic Apps we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable GetFileMetadataAsync switch on (all) file related adapers

In a LogicApp, when writing or renaming a file metadata is retreived after the action completes. This will result in a failure if the file has been processed, deleted and this no longer exists.

The issue is that this failure hides legitimate failures obsctructing and undermining the overall trust in the platform.

Imho this is a design failure in ALL file related shapes (FTP, SFTP, FileSystem, Azure Fileshare) which should be fixed immediately. Assuming having control over a written file is mistake in thought and violates architectural principles of concern as transfer of responsibility is complete after writing the file…

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't get-list file after create for FTP, SFTP, filesystem and other file based connectors

The attempt to list and get metadata from server after each file creation causes failures when either the server doesn't authorize the command or the specific user does not have such permission. It is a very common setup for FTP and file upload services not to allow clients to list content as multiple clients are allowed to drop content but not allowed to see what each other have dropped.
    The current common implementation of Logic Apps file based connectors (FTP, SFTP, FileSystem, ...) is to do a directory list call following a create file call to fetch metadata of the…

128 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add support for Authentication type Managed Identity to connectors

Add support for Authentication type: Managed Identity
    for the connectors:
    - SQL Server
    - Azure Key Vault
    - Azure Blob Storage

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add ApplicationIntent=ReadOnly option to SQL connection in Azure Logic Apps

Currently, the SQL server connection settings for Azure Logic Apps do not support ApplicationIntent=ReadOnly connections. Please add support for this.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add support for obtaining Tokens with Managed Identity in Logic Apps

Add support for obtaining tokens for Managed Identities for Azure and Microsoft 365 / Graph resources.
    Even though Logic Apps can authenticate to Azure resources using supported connectors, ref. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/create-managed-service-identity#authenticate-access-with-managed-identity, I would like to be able to obtain an access token via a internal Identity Endpoint for the Logic App, similar to the functionality of Azure Functions/App Services:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/overview-managed-identity?tabs=dotnet#obtain-tokens-for-azure-resources

One of the scenarios I'm looking for is getting an access token for eg. Microsoft Graph, using https://graph.microsoft.com as audience, which is not possible today using Logic Apps and Managed Identities, but works with Azure Functions, App Services, Azure VMs…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Salesforce Platform Event Connector

Wondering if there's a way to write a Connector in Logic Apps that will support long polling over the Bayeux protocol (CometD) to be a receiver/subscriber for Salesforce Platform Events. The current LA Salesforce connector does not mention PE's, and assuming that it is using REST apis. Here is Salesforce's doc on being a streaming client: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apistreaming.meta/apistreaming/usingstreamingapiclientconnection.htm

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow API connection authorization programmatically via a User Interface

I'm developing a SaaS product where I'm generating the Logic Apps dynamically in my Azure portal. My Logic App does some processing in customer's SharePoint Online environment. I want a facility to create the API Connections via a User Interface so that customer can provide the credentials for the API Connection.

I know that there is a PowerShell https://github.com/logicappsio/LogicAppConnectionAuth to create the API connections, but if I use this PowerShell, I'll need to ask my customers to provide the credentials on my screen via a screen share session and that's not acceptable by the customers. It looks suspicious to them.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sovereign regions connectors to global O365

Can we add support for sovereign regions connectors to connect to global O365?

We want to use LogicApp in China to connect to Global Azure's O365 / OneDrive.

It is a common scenario for international company to have LogicApp in one sovereign region, but share a global o365 subscription app cross the global.

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support of sending "#" or %23 to URI of [When an HTTP request is received] trigger with relative path

It is impossible to send "#" or %23 to URI of [When an HTTP request is received] trigger with relative path now.
    It is made possible by replacement from # or #23 to %2523.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Distributed file systems support for ISE File System

While trying to use ISE File system connector to traverse DFS file shares, it gives as bad gateway error.

In our case there is lot of DFS shares we need to connect to.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix Event Grid Trigger in LogicApp (Running in Internal ISE in the VNET)

Event Grid Trigger in Logic App (Running in Internal ISE in the VNET) is not triggering.

We have raised a ticket with Microsoft Support and it is a known issue from their answer.

>>>
    PG team found that if your ISE is an Internal ISE - this is a known issue with the Event Grid integration. As the event Grid system is not able to contact the internal ISE running in the VNET.

..... I suggest you to create External ISE to perform Event Grid operations.
    >>>

Without this fix, the pub/sub feature provided by Event Grid is missing in…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sort and filter integration account partners and agreements

My integration account has a not-insignificant quantity of partners and agreements. Managing them is becoming difficult because I am unable to sort, filter, or search partners and agreements by guest or host partner name on the partners and agreements blades.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enterprise Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. CSV

Read CSV Line by Line

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Connector for Azure Data Lake gen 2

It will be great if there is a Logic App connector for Data Lake Gen 2 similar to Logic App connector for Data Lake

267 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Service principal for Office365/SharePoint connectors

I would like to connect with a service principal to Outlook and SharePoint using the connectors, so I can deploy ARM templates to Acc and Prod via DevOps without manual intervention.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make Microsoft Translator Connector available to be used in other region except of global resion via Logic Apps

Currently, Microsoft Transrator Connector can be used in only global resion via Logic Apps.
    In addition, it looks likes to be able to use other resion because it can be selected other resion in a page of Microsft Translator account creation.
    I'd like dev to make it available to be used other resion except of global resion via Logic Apps.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Increase files size limitation of uploading without chunking via SFTP-SSL Connector

Currently, it needs to use chunk settings to upload big size file via SFTP-SSL.
    In addition, we'd like the maximum value of time out in this connector to be made longer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow Azure Logic App Managed Identity to authenticate with Azure SQL

Since all logic apps in the same region have all the same IPs, it would be nice to avoid using SQL logins !

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Designer support for Logic App inputs with an array of datatypes

Logic Apps allow you to supply a Request Body JSON Schema on the HTTP request action. If you use another Logic App to call that Logic App, the inputs will be represented as their own individual inputs on the action in the Designer. If you want to allow for an input to be of multiple types (i.e. string and null) you can specify it as an array in the schema. Problems arise when you have a nested object with properties that have multiple datatypes. The Designer in the caller will not include that field on the action.

One might think…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow key recovery for On-Premises Data Gateway

Sometimes a lost key or incorrect setup key can lead to a reinstallation of the Gateways if new machines have to be added or recovered. This is not acceptable and there should be a way of recovering the key by using the admin account of the windows machine or an aditional verification to prove your identity.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 81 82
  • Don't see your idea?

Logic Apps

Categories