Logic Apps

Logic Apps allow developers to design workflows that articulate intent via a trigger and series of steps, each invoking an App Service API app whilst securely taking care of authentication and best practices like durable execution.
If you have any feedback or ideas on Azure Logic Apps we’d love to hear it.

How can we improve Microsoft Azure Logic Apps?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow calling Functions and Nested Logic Apps using Logic Apps parameters within the Resource Id (URL)

Using Logic Apps parameters can be used to prepare Logic Apps workflows for CI/CD as explained here:
    https://blog.mexia.com.au/preparing-azure-logic-apps-for-cicd

This method not only avoids the need of writing complex ARM Template expressions inside a Logic App definition, but also allows you to update your Logic App in the Designer, after this has been deployed using ARM Templates, and later update the ARM Template by simply updating the Logic App definition section.

However, when calling Azure Functions or Nested Logic Apps, we cannot use Logic Apps parameters in the resource Id (URL)

It would be ideal if we could use this when…

283 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    13 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. mapping

Improve Mapping Support. Enterprise Integration Pack uses BizTalk mapper which doesn't work with the latest visual studio release and is cumbersome.

Need a mapper that supports the following
    - input more than one schema
    - Choose Mapping Language (XLST or Liquid)
    - Ability to test maps within VS and Code
    - Ability to generate input files
    - Visual Design Surface
    - Deploy and publish via CI/CD

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integration with Application Insights

1. Logic app should report telemetry to a configurable AI instance.
    2. There should be a connection and triggers to react and integrate with AI.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support the POST of multipart/form-data natively

Multipart/form-data is defined in RFC 1867 - this isn't yet supported in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-content-type - albeit this can done manually, by setting the headers, etc.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Be allowed to terminate a ForEach

With ForEach within Logic Apps, it would be beneficial if you were allowed to use the "terminate" action within the loop.

Currently, you receive an error "The operation 'terminate' cannot be used inside a for each."

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Suspend and Resume of the Workflow run.

Same as the operation Cancel an work flow run(which is avialble today with Rest API or on Portal ), it would be really great and useful if we can suspend and Unsuspend/Resume a work flow run.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Null check keyword

I'd like a keyword to check for a null value inside your message. I have found a way to hack together the current keywords to make something like this: @equals(coalesce(triggerBody()?.prop, 'Fallback42'), 'Fallback42'). But an isNull keyword would be a lot better.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For load balancing or for failover of Logic Apps with request endpoints we recommend using API Management and making the Logic App an API operation. API Management has first class integration with Logic Apps to make it really easy to add a Logic App as a new API operation and API-M has built-in failover capabilities along with custom policies.

9. Native Redis Cache support

I'd like to see native support for Redis Cache in workflow language or in a connector. Native support would be ideal. Looking for ways to eliminate intensive lookups during dynamic routing scenarios.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Implement chunked transfer-encoding inside Logic Apps

Implement chunked transfer-encoding inside Logic Apps rather than passing an empty HTTP body when the client sends HTTP chunks.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow dynamic API connections

Would be nice that you can create a generic Logic App and you can decide at runtime what API connection is must use.

As an example: you create one Logic App that sends a message to the file system. Via configuration, you determine at runtime what File System API connection it should use.

This is currently possible with some code-view modifications, but the designer does not support it. This is not a request to dynamically determine the protocol.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide action for sorting arrays and collections

There doesn't appear to be a way to sort any data in a collection/array. For example, I may retrieve a list of files from an sftp server. I would like to process those files in a particular sort order - such as filename or modified date.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Authentication information visible for a Logic App run

I am calling an AAD authenticated web app through one of my logic apps. I didn't face any issue while making request from logic app to the web app.
    But, the authentication information that I passed to the web app from logic app gets visible when navigating to the Outputs Link on all Logic App run blade. Please see the attachment for details.

I would like those sensitive information to be displayed as *sanitized*, which is the case with outputs link available on an action blade.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Logic Apps wide default retry policy

By default each action comes with a default retry policy (4 retries 20 seconds apart if I'm not wrong), and this policy can be setup manually for each action. It would be great if that could be set up instead as a logic app wide policy. This would be specially useful in synchronous scenarios were we need to remove the retries (or make it smaller) from each action to avoid timeouts - e.g. setup a logic app wide No Retry policy.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Azure App Service Certificate renewal should automatically update App Service and other Bindings to prevent manual tasks and outages

as a user of app service certificates - i like the fact that the certificates will automatically renew for me.

The fact that I then have to go and update the bindings on all of my services is horrible. I dont have to do this with competing certificate products in other cloud providers platform offernigs, and I should not have to do it on Azure.

This should be updated to support this functionality.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Resubmit with resubmit-flag

It would be useful to know if the Logic App run was initiated by a user resubmitting. Currently, with a peek-lock Logic App, the status is always failure on resubmitted runs because the message doesn't exist to complete. If I could know if it was resubmitted I wouldn't try to complete the message.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Increase request timeout for Logic apps

Current request timeout is 120 seconds and is non-editable, please make it editable and allow users to increase it till 10 minutes.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a flag to encrypt Data Stored

There could be sensitive data that flows from Logic App workflow and as Logic App runtime stores data of each run for 90 days, enterprises will have data privacy concerns as they don't want Admins to see that data in Azure Portal. So please include a flag that encrypts the data and portal admin can't see it. If it is needed to be debugged, then that flag can be set to FALSE.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. @result()

@result() currently only returns the results from within a scope. If that scope has a condition or switch, it doesn't include the actions executed within the condition or switches branches. I believe it should include them, but if this will cause a breaking change for anyone expecting the current behavior, maybe add an option or a new function which will include the actions within the branches.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create JSON expressions / linq capabilities

A big part of data flowing through the logic app is with JSON. I want to run complex expressions on array or collections that may be returned by a previous action. FilterArray is a bit too simplistic

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Logic Apps

Feedback and Knowledge Base