Logic Apps

Logic Apps allow developers to design workflows that articulate intent via a trigger and series of steps, each invoking an App Service API app whilst securely taking care of authentication and best practices like durable execution.
If you have any feedback or ideas on Azure Logic Apps we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restore logic app scheduling flexibility

Give us back the scheduling options demonstrated in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/tutorial-build-schedule-recurring-logic-app-workflow. It looks like, per the discussion in the comments of this article, that this functionality was reduced. It would be great to have the flexibility to schedule more specifically than just once per hour, etc.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Turn off payload tracking in run history

A feature in the portal to turn off payload tracking in the run history so that when a monitoring person is looking at the runs they are not able to look at the data flowing.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow multiple Logic Apps to be added to one ARM template in Visual Studio with better control of connections and parameters

The current issues that i'm experiencing working on an enterprise integration project are:

• Working on 12 separate Logic Apps with a few a shared connections is extremely cumbersome as the solution is designed for 1 Logic App.

• The Visual Studio Logic App experience limits (or at least obfuscates) some of the low level details like connections and parameters. This reason that i'm using Logic Apps and not Flow is because I need control of these details.

• To work around this i'm using the designer in Visual Studio to develop each logic app and then manually adding the definitions and connections…
    15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Logic App REST API to support filters like correleationID instead of just logic app status.

Logic App REST API is a great for programmatically obtaining workflow details, Today, LA runs can be queried, but can be filtered only with status, What if the customer wanted to query by correlation ID, To do that, the person should get all runs then find out the required run using the correlation ID. it would be great if we could filter using the correlation ID/tracking ID.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Check active ftp connections in app service

I would like to have the the ability to check the number of active ftp connections in an app service.

Information like client name, client IP, FTP session initiated time, FTP transfer status etc. are nice to haves.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow for Draft/Prod versions

Just like Azure Automation Runbooks, I want the ability to have a draft version (same logic app) and a production version.

When I click on "Promote" to production, you make the Prod version a copy of the Draft one.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to mark reviewed Logic app runs or change their status

We are working allot with Azure Logic App. There is currently 1 thing that would be very useful to have implemented.

When there is a failed run in the Logic App. you of course check out why the run went wrong and try to fix it. often you will resubmit the failed to to check the fix you implemented works.

now what i find difficult is that the resubmitted failed run, does not change status. it stays failed.

Now what would be usefull is that resubmitted failed runs would change status. They should receive that status "resubmitted" with an orange…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow scheduling of trigger frequencies for known high and low periods

Outside of business hours I'd like to be able to scale lower the frequency on triggers.

During business hours I might put a check at every 5 minutes but outside business hours I might do it at every 1 hour.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Disaster Recovery - Multi-region

LogicApps should have the ability to enable a active/active or active/passive configuration in another region.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can we search the LogicApp run instance using TRACKING ID?

Good see the more search options in LogicApp run history like run identifier etc.
    It would be good if we can search the LogicApp run instance using TRACKING ID of action.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Get Exchange to block Flow rule for external autoforwards

Exchange mailflow rule has capability to stop for external autoforward. However, if you have a MS Flow you can bypass external autoforwards causing issues to organization's DLP policy. There is currently no control/capability to stop this from happening and i think it is really important to have as we need both MS Flow as well as complying with our DLP

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. api connection

Finding unused API Connections
    When Logic Apps are deleted, the API Connections remain. On the API Connection blade, there is no information about what Logic Apps is using it, or if it is in use. Result is that many API Connections are kept to prevent deleting used ones.
    When deleting a used API Connection there is also no warning that it is is use. After deleting the connection, the Logic App will fail.
    Please implement at least one of the two.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Capbility to run LogicApp in verbose mode

When user opens the LogicApps designer in the portal, there is a "Run" button to execute the workflow. There could be another useful option to "Run in verbose mode". When user clicks this option, separate OUTPUT window would launch in a new blade. During this mode, runtime information could be captured in the output window along with the time stamps and other useful micro-details. Also, user can write custom debug traces to capture various runtime variables.

[Argument] : Although, this can be achieved using Trigger History and Run history.
    [Counter-Argument] : From the developer point of view, during development phase,…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. How to take the back-up of LogicApp Run history?

As per LogicApp limits and configurations, storage retention is of 90 days.
    So can we retain LogicApp run history in storage account or other storage medium?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Auto Refresh Logic App overview runs history

it would be nice to have the runs history in Logic App overview to set a auto refresh timer, this way i dont have to click everytime to refresh

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. terraform

Terraform is in wide use across industry and is better and easier to use than ARM. While it is possible to create a logic apps service in Teraform individual piplelines and connectors cannot be created in this way.
    Happy to discuss off line

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add logical container of Logic Apps

Having logic apps be a standalone thing within Azure can become a management nightmare, especially now that Azure Scheduler is being retired in favor of Logic Apps. Just like most Azure Products I create an "account" as a container and within it have specific items. This is really needed as I can't only have up to 10 triggers per logic app, so I can't really have a single logic app for all my scheduled jobs. Creating one logic app per scheduled job is a horrible idea

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix instance restart through Diagnose and solve problems

I have App Service that runs on 3 instances. I put a lock (through "Locks") on it against deleting.
    One of the instances start running at 100% and as suggested I tried to restart it, but it didn't let me (for more details see actual section).

Expected: Instance get restarted.
    Actual: Error is thrown:
    "Failed to restart instance ???????????????, Error details: The scope '???????? ' cannot perform delete operation because following scope(s) are locked: '?????????????????'. Please remove the lock and try again."

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add possibility to Enable/Disable Azure Service Bus topic subscription

There is Actions for Azure Service Bus to create/delete topic subscriptions. Is it possible to add some for enabling/disabling subscriptions?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Logic Apps

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base