Azure Resource Manager

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. No logs for unauthorized access when using azure service principal.

While using azure service principal for API call to azure, Unauthorized access is not logging in azure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

2. create an all use ARM template to download resources from a resource group in .json formto be used in another location

The customer would be able to download all available resources in .JSON format and be able to upload in another location, all policies, rules, and metrics should be transferable to other regions as well as parent region.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

3. Feedback on Azure Resource Manager from https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/

If you have feedback on something posted to https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/ for Azure Resource Manager, leave a comment here.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Highlight changes when modifying REST API

When changing REST API's the Microsoft Docs article needs to more clearly highlight the specific changes that were make.

As an example:
    The Enterprise Portal to download the monthly Detailed report (https://consumption.azure.com/v3/enrollments/$enrollmentnumber/usagedetails) went from giving all data with v2 to only giving 1000 rows with v3, and having to call a 'nextlink' to get the additional 1000 rows. A fundamental change to how the API works.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Use dependency ordering when deleting multiple resources

When deleting multiple resources, ensure that deletions are done in the proper dependency ordering such that one doesn't get errors during the deletion process.

Further recommendation would be to track user-created objects and allow them to be deleted directly. If I create a single higher level object (e.g. CloudFoundry instance), it will create dozens of underlying Azure objects. I don't have an option to delete the original object, instead I need to delete the base objects in the proper dependency order. Furthermore, I may unintentionally delete an unconnected object (e.g. a diagnostic storage account) used by unrelated objects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Case sensitive parameters

I am getting the error "The deployment parameters are using case sensitive names."

Parameter names being changed to all lower case has not rectified the problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We need a programmatic way (API/PowerShell) to add / remove co-admins.

We need a programmatic way (API/PowerShell) to add / remove co-admins. We faced issues while deleting co-admins for 250 subscriptions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Track who submitted a deployment, and allow viewing of this on the Resource Group

Being able to see who submitted a deployment would be HIGHLY useful. Both for tracking from a security point of view, but also from a costing point of view. If someone isn't putting in required costing tags, we need to be able to go back and ask them, but if we don't know who it was...

I remember there being a way to see who submitted a deployment in a Resource Group, under deployments. However this doesn't appear to be there any longer, or it never was and I am imagining it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add support for displaying Scheduled Query Rule-based alerts in resources.azure.com

As a frequent deployer of resources in Azure, I'd like to see support for showing scheduled query rules in resources.azure.com so that I can ease the authoring of new rules based on existing ones.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. copyindex

[functions] Allow copy in user-defined function

This would really help reduce the redundant lines of code. Use case, for a given VM, would like to have multiple drives (i.e. each drive would consists of set of data disk, type and size)

Example

Dive D : 127GiB, premium, 5

Drive E : 255GiB, Standard, 10

Also, this would enables nested loop indirectly, which would be a huge win

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. copyindex

This would really help reduce the redundant lines of code. Use case, for a given VM, would like to have multiple drives (i.e. each drive would consists of set of data disk, type and size)

Example

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. copyindex

Example

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. copyindex

Example

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. use JSON instead of XML or a custom file like .bot

I think that JSON is just the most standard way of sending data to the server, and not XML. Also using a custom .bot file for the bot framework does not allow intellisense in VS Code, while a JSON file can (package.json and tsconfig.json being great examples)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make bool() handle integers > 1 and evaluate empty / non-empty

Currently bool() only accepts 1, 0 "true", "false".

It would be very useful to evaluate
    - all integers above 1 as true
    - all empty strings, arrays or objects as false
    - all non-empty strings, arrays or objects as true (except the special string "false")

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create CNAME records within an existing DNS Zone

A new set of resources, say a service fabric cluster, needs to be created / deleted on demand by a test group. Those resources are created in a new resource group Cluster.Test001. One of the resources in that cluster is an IP address that you need to create a CNAME record for, but the DNS Zone is obviously in an existing / different resource group. The CNAME RM schema ought to accept a fully qualified target DNS Zone somehow.

P.S. Whoever the **** set the width of this dialog to 90 pixels and a height of 45 pixels, such that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Everything I can create with an ARM template, I should be able to export to an ARM template from a deployed RG in the Azure Portal

Everything I can create with an ARM template, I should be able to export to an ARM template from a deployed RG in the Azure Portal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. export-azurermresourcegroup does not work disconnected

The Export-azurermresourcegroup cmdlet does not work when used against a disconnected azure stack because it is unable to access the internet based schema's.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. StorageAccountSelector doesn't allow access to all storage types

When using the Microsoft.Storage.StorageAccountSelector UI element in the Azure Portal, only general purpose Storage accounts are visible in the list of existing resources, and only general purpose Storage accounts can be created.

This omits Blob Storage and Storage V2. As a result, there is no UI control available to select/create Blob Storage accounts at all.

Additionally, there is some strange behavior with the Standard performance type not being selectable, even though I haven't specified any allowedTypes or excludedTypes.

Please enhance the StorageAccountSelector so creating/choosing Blob Storage accounts with it is possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. subscription deletion

More safety around deleting subscriptions.

Propose return warning and do not delete subscriptions that are referenced in custom RBAC roles. Current behavior makes custom roles unusable for any further role updates (e.g. adding scopes) when in the role scope there is a reference to deleted subscription.

In addition propose a force option that would cleanout deleted subscription from all references.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Resource Manager

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base