Azure Resource Manager

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Set-AzSubscription cmdlet to Azure PowerShell AZ Module

New Azure PowerShell module (AZ) has a cmdlet (Get-AzSubscription) to get list of all the Azure subscriptions. I did not find similar (Set-AzSubscription) cmdlet which I could have then used / piped along with Get-AzSubscription cmdlet to change active subscription. I have to rather use Set-AzContext cmdlet to do the same. Set-AzContext though does have its counterpart Get-AzContext to get current subscription information.

Point is every 'get' cmdlet should be paired with a 'set' cmdlet to make it easy for user to understand its purpose.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deploy-AzureResourceGroup.ps1 relies on outdated AzureRM module instead of new AZ module

Azure Resource Group Visual Studio template generates Deploy-AzureResourceGroup.ps1 that relies on outdated PowerShell module - AzureRM. New module named AZ should be used.
    Also, this script doesn't contain a #Requires -Modules instruction for non default modules, which leads to errors in the middle of script execution for those, who already migrated to AZ module.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/azure/new-azureps-module-az?view=azps-2.4.0#continued-support-for-azurerm
    "The existing AzureRM module will no longer receive new cmdlets or features."

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Resource Manager

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base