Azure Resource Manager

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Set-AzSubscription cmdlet to Azure PowerShell AZ Module

New Azure PowerShell module (AZ) has a cmdlet (Get-AzSubscription) to get list of all the Azure subscriptions. I did not find similar (Set-AzSubscription) cmdlet which I could have then used / piped along with Get-AzSubscription cmdlet to change active subscription. I have to rather use Set-AzContext cmdlet to do the same. Set-AzContext though does have its counterpart Get-AzContext to get current subscription information.

Point is every 'get' cmdlet should be paired with a 'set' cmdlet to make it easy for user to understand its purpose.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deploy-AzureResourceGroup.ps1 relies on outdated AzureRM module instead of new AZ module

Azure Resource Group Visual Studio template generates Deploy-AzureResourceGroup.ps1 that relies on outdated PowerShell module - AzureRM. New module named AZ should be used.
    Also, this script doesn't contain a #Requires -Modules instruction for non default modules, which leads to errors in the middle of script execution for those, who already migrated to AZ module.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/azure/new-azureps-module-az?view=azps-2.4.0#continued-support-for-azurerm
    "The existing AzureRM module will no longer receive new cmdlets or features."

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

3. https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/?sdk=net old link

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/?sdk=net

The provided link above has a link for the web installer of azure powershell this installs azure powershell 5.7.0 which is misleading to customers as 6.4.0 is the most up to date version. link should be removed from the page to avoid customers downloading older version of the module

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. make billing information (specifically the amount of remaining monthly credits) accessible to the Azure Powershell

I am currently in the process of writing a powershell script which will act essentially as the "vagrant" for azure, in that it will be able to quickly create custom vms in azure based on input from user as well as quickly destroy indicated vms in order to provide developers with access to test vms which will not consume local computer resources like vagrant does. One of the features I would like to add to this script is to allow the user to be able to see, from the script's GUI, their remaining monthly credit (as well as when it…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove Co-Administrator with powershell

We need to clean up our subscriptions which is full of Co-Administrators. We would like use the RBAC roles instead.
    Unfortunately Co-Admin can only be deleted manually. Its a tedious task when you have a lot of subscriptions with a lot of co-admins.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Resource Manager

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base