UI Improvement feedback
I have been using ADF for sometime time and I feel below features are extremely necessary to improve user experience.
1. Add sorting in pipeline history. There is only one option i.e. sort by Run Date but I would like to sort pipeline by other fields as well.
2. The column splitter does not work every time in pipeline history. whenever I try to increase width of a particular column say pipeline name it accidently clicks on Run Start and started sorting the pipelines. This reminds me of old D365 UI which had similar issue.
3. There should be an easier way to perform diagnostic on Pipeline failures. we have a lot of pipeline and each pipeline have a lot of activities. If we have failure in more than 2 pipelines it is difficult to analyze the behavior. I first need to go to one pipeline which takes sometime to load and then go back to the list which again takes time to load then select another pipeline which again take some time to load. so you see when I want to analyze multiple pipeline it becomes a headache to go back to list and then select another pipeline. there should be a split view similar to Azure portal where on one side we have list of pipeline and on second side we have the pipeline which is selected.
4. It would be helpful if we had option to filter based on folders in pipeline runs list.
5. The grouping of pipelines need to be changed. currently if pipeline is retried then it would show it in tree format and sub activities from pipeline shows as a separate entry. with a lot of pipeline and each pipeline contain lot of activities it become really confusing to navigate across ADF and combine it with issue mentioned in point 3 it becomes a headache to analyze pipeline failures. I would suggest group activities from single pipeline run as one entry and then show tree view to display sub activities and if someone retries same pipelines, better create a new entry. If you want you can give user option to either retain existing group by or use a new group by.
Lastly I just want to appreciate the work you people are doing it is amazing. I particularly like Gantt view, it is unique and have solved a lot of use cases for us.