Retain GIT configuration when deploying Data Factory ARM template
Currently when we deploy our ARM template to Data Factory V2 from VSTS Release, the GIT configuration is reset, and we have to configure it again following every deploy.
We worked around the problem by disabling the ARM deployment task in our release.
Retain GIT configuration when deploying Data Factory ARM template, or add the GIT configuration to ARM.
Jason Kohlhoff commented
1. We're deploying our changes to Dev. We check-in from the Data Factory UI to a feature branch, and merge to our dev branch. A VSTS release is kicked off when we merge to dev. That release run an ARM task to deploy the Data Factory resource.
3. We trying to make the release consistent between all environments (dev, stage, prod), and also re-deployable in case we want to create a new dev environment. If we do happen to want to make a change to the Data Factory resource, we do not want to make temporary changes to the release or disable tasks in the release.
Anudeep Sharma commented
I am from Azure Data Factory Team, to understand the requirement fully can you let us know following answers.
I am assuming that you have Dev->PreProd(maybe)->PROD setup, where you DEV factory is associated with the VSTS GIT factory.
1. With VSTS Release where are you deploying your changes to is it to Dev Factory or just PreProd and Prod.
2. Are you downloading the ARM template from UI. before putting the factory in?
3. Factory does not have any other attributes which you would like to change with each deployment of ARM template, then why would you update the factory through ARM template.
Let me know if you have any question for me.