How can we improve Microsoft Azure Data Factory?

Identify IP Address of Data Factory

It is not currently possible to identify the IP Address of the DF, which you need for firewall rules, including Azure SQL Server firewall....

122 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Douglas James Boyd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for us as well. We need this feature or at least a tag in SQL Database/ ADLS where we can identify "Allow our subscription services" or better yet where you can specify allowing specific instances of ADF.

Others may not be aware that when you enable Azure services in your SQL Database firewall, you open up your server to connection from anyone's VM anywhere in Azure. This is a significant risk for us.

• Remus Vlasie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having services to rely only on user/password protection is not good enough. Still having open access to Azure services that you own might moderate the risk. But having All the Azure services able to access your service is not acceptable.

• Josh Noe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to the obvious fact that nobody is going to want to open their DBs to all of Azure, this restriction means that non-Azure DBs can't be used as data sources. Without an IP, I cannot open the firewalls on these external DBs to my Data Factory.

• Mike Webber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not reasonable to expect enterprises who are trying to secure their data in an Azure SQL Database to open the firewall to allow all of Azure to connect. Until this feature is available, Data Factory is not a viable option.

Feedback and Knowledge Base