Add a new email activity with the ability to send attachments as part of the workflow.
There are numerous instances when an output (statistics) or error file has to be mailed to administrators. Email as an activity will help in implementing this functionality
smtp and notifications conectors should be a basic functionality
Carlos Parra commented
yeah what's going on? if ADF is replacing SSIS, people, you should add the basic stuff we were able to do before adding so many other features!! Must send email with a blob attachment or something! I need to send an email with an attachment. This was very easy to do in SSIS.
Venkata Deevela commented
It is very nice to have requirement if I get send email activity in ADF.
My requirement is to send an email from Azure Data Factory. This email is just not a simple email. This feature should have the following:
- Generate data extract from some table into XML/Excel/JSON etc..
- Email feature should me in such a way that - Choose metadata like From, TO, CC, Body, Attachment, etc. to be sent to receivers.
Right now my alternative is
- I am building an Azure function to build the attachment file XML/Excel/CSV whatever.
- I configured SendGrid as email service in this case
- Invoking SendGrid in .Net API with Nuget installation
- Writing code to attach the file and send email.
when will this feature be rolled out ?
Jay vangapandu commented
If ADF is the replacement of SSIS.All SSIS features need to add into the ADF like this one Sending email with attachment after finishing the Job.
Please let us know when can this feature available?
Jason Kohlhoff commented
No, please do not. Emailing and notifications should be decoupled from data factory by design.