Stream Analytics

Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed real-time stream computation service hosted in Microsoft Azure, which provides highly resilient, low latency, and scalable complex event processing of streaming data. Azure Stream Analytics enables developers to easily combine streams of data with historic records or reference data to derive business insights easily and quickly.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SQL connection Failure

When output failed due to SQL server unavailability then SA doesn't have re connection logic to connect back once SQL Server is up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Inputs and Outputs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support Database Schema for SQL Database Sink

First Error 'could not find table [schema.table]'
    Updated Table to schema].[table and new error

I would like one security user for Streaming Analytics to be able to write to any schema in the target database to remove the need for post load ETL jobs or triggers to move the data to the required schema

Use Case: Adventure Works are recording data from tills, this includes sign-in and sales transactions, the stream analytics job can identify the difference between a login and sale, the login data needs to update the hr schema with an employee login while sales need to be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fieldnames are different at runtime

At runtime the fieldnames are different from the fieldnames at testing, because when you test the query all the fieldnames are lowercased. This is very confusing and causes problems. The field names when testing the data should be the same as when running the ASA job.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Solr as output

would be nice to have Solr as an Output for a job

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Azure Stream Analytics cannot see event hubs in same subscription

If you want to add Event Hub as stream input of your Azure Stream Analytics, you can't add it through portal even the event hub in the same subscription, the same resource group.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Azure Stream Analytics(ASA)- getting warning message saying ASA required Time-stamped folder/container structure

We are using Azure Stream Analytics getting daily data files from Blob store that does not have Time-stamped folder/container structure and pushing to Azure Cosmos Doc DB. We are getting warning message saying that ASA required Time-stamped folder/container structure, when the total# of files exceeded more than certain count on that folder as attached here.

ASA should be able to work seamlessly (pickup only the daily new files) even if the source location does not have time-stamped container or folder, without any warning or failures. This would be a excellent feature for ASA, that we can use it code-less, rapid…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Back-pressure on EventHub input

We've noticed how the SA behaves on EventHub messages spikes and I guess no back-pressure mechanism is implemented on the Amqp Receiver. Please add the link crediting mechanism to ensure SA does not run out of memory (if this is the case) when a spike of messages occurs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Activity log - not showing actual error

We had a conversion error and the Activity log only shows "OutputDataConversionError.TypeConversionError" which doesnt show the real reason.

I had to enable Diagnostics logs to find real issue, which showed "Cannot convert from property 'multiplier' of type 'System.String' to column 'multiplier' of type 'System.Double'."

If the real reason was in activity log would have saved me lots of time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. SA doesn't support to specify event hub endpoint explicitly

currently, SA in one cloud is limited to use the data source instance from the same cloud. nevertheless, it would be more flexible if the SA allow to specify the endpoint like pointing to a data source instance in another sovereign cloud.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When creating an ASA job input, prefer a service bus in the same resource group

When I 'Create Input' in the new portal for my ASA job, it defaults to the first service bus it finds. If there is a service bus in the same resource group, default to that instead.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Release of IP's or internal Stream Analytics via IotHub

We have a scenario with Stream Analytics with iothub with access to the SQL Server database. IotHub with SQL Server is able to close a SQL Server firewall structure using Azure internal endpoints. For example, we do not have IotHub for Stream Analytics is unable to close because it does not have any IP or DNS in the SStream Analytics structure that it provides to close this communication via firewall.

Do you want to know from Microsoft if there is any way to close these accesses within the Azure framework itself? or if there is an IP that or Stream…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. How about GetArrayElement that does not do a positional retrieval?

I faced today the issue of having to pick a JSON from an array where all the elements are of JSON type. GetArrayElement picks an element by position and I was not very happy with the prospect of having my query not working if for some reason the order of the elements in the array changes. In the circumstances I wrote the JavaScript function below:

// array contains JSON elements. The function returns the first element that has the 'key' key.
    function main(array, key) {

function searchFunction(value, index, array) {

return undefined !== value[key];
    }

var result = array.find(searchFunction);
    return…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Dropbox as an output for CSV and JSON

Some dashboard services use Dropbox as a platform to exchange/load data sets.

It could be usefull to add it alongside Azure Blob Storage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sample data time-range selection

The date displayed in the "Select time range" dialog is in US date format. My browser and OS are set to NZ format, the international normal of dd-mm-yyyy. Please change the date display to match.

Also, the time input is rather finicky, suggest an improvement on this one too. Would be good to specify the time as UTC as well as local time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. power bi

some sql like features in stream analytics. creating storeproc or function in sql would be great.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please add feature that can use "Identity" at Stream Analytics side

This "Identity" is the feature of SQL Database. Like a "Identity(1,1)".
    when I use both outputs different from SQL DB and SQL DB, I want to assign the same ID number, so please implement this Identity function on SA side.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug: Reading the reference data test input from CSV file does not work. Switching back to JSON works well.

Tried to test my query with IoT Hub as a Data Stream Source and SQL Database as a reference input. I have added the JSON message as a Data Stream test input and CSV file as the reference file input. Testing the query does not provide any results, neither errors. Converting the CSV file to JSON and re-running the test, works well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow CI/CD deployment without start

Please make it possible to run a CI/CD deployment with the possibility to have the job stopped/not started after deployment

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When creating an ASA job input, the 'value must not be empty' warning for Event Hub Policy Name field is inconsistent

• If no policies are created, it defaults to RootManagerSharedAccessKey, and has a warning on the side that 'must not be empty', which disables creation

• After updating the policies in another window, this window won't reupdate automatically; my solution was to select a different Service Bus Namespace, then revert the namespace back to the one I wanted. After doing this, the Event Hub Policy Name updates to my newly created policy, but the warning is still there (and create is still disabled)

• I can now manually select RootManagerSharedAccessKey, which removes the warning and allows creation

• I can go back to my…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Better diagnostics

I can see input, run queries, and test the output, but no data comes into the output. Diagnostics won't show any content, so all that's left is to give up trying to get this to work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Stream Analytics

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base