Stream Analytics

Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed real-time stream computation service hosted in Microsoft Azure, which provides highly resilient, low latency, and scalable complex event processing of streaming data. Azure Stream Analytics enables developers to easily combine streams of data with historic records or reference data to derive business insights easily and quickly.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. automation

Have an output into Azure Automation

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Video Analysis CCTV

Hello, It would be awesome if Azure had Video Analytics also, so you can connect a IP camera like parkinglots how many parking spaces are free etc. Would be great for parkinghouses, home security, prettymuch anything really.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible today but due to the way the backend is implemented it is not visible in the UX.
    When you create a new route in IoT Hub, you need to create an endpoint to a source supported by Azure Stream Analytics such as Event Hub.
    Then you can connect to this Event Hub like any other Event Hub.
    I’m marking this item as “unplanned” at this time, but we will continue to monitor this item, so don’t hesitate to give more feedback or vote for it so we can reconsider it in the future.

4. Duplicate Outputs

If i want to insert data to sql table from different query then query editor won't allow to use same output to use in different queries even though destination must be same. It will be duplication of output.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Inputs and Outputs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. THSI APPLICATION iS BROKEN

IT CANNOT FORM AZUR WEB BLOB STORAGE TO HOLD THE JOBS

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Job Diagram - Retain selected chart metrics

When viewing the historic replay information in the Stream Analytics Job Diagram. It is frustrating that the chart metrics that are displayed are reset every time you change the replay date or time and click submit.

Expected outcome of this request is:
    When I change the chart to only display the "Output Events" metric and I then change the replay period then then the "Output Events" are still the only metric displayed and the only change is the updated time axis.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SQL connection Failure

When output failed due to SQL server unavailability then SA doesn't have re connection logic to connect back once SQL Server is up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Solr as output

would be nice to have Solr as an Output for a job

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Azure Stream Analytics cannot see event hubs in same subscription

If you want to add Event Hub as stream input of your Azure Stream Analytics, you can't add it through portal even the event hub in the same subscription, the same resource group.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Azure Stream Analytics(ASA)- getting warning message saying ASA required Time-stamped folder/container structure

We are using Azure Stream Analytics getting daily data files from Blob store that does not have Time-stamped folder/container structure and pushing to Azure Cosmos Doc DB. We are getting warning message saying that ASA required Time-stamped folder/container structure, when the total# of files exceeded more than certain count on that folder as attached here.

ASA should be able to work seamlessly (pickup only the daily new files) even if the source location does not have time-stamped container or folder, without any warning or failures. This would be a excellent feature for ASA, that we can use it code-less, rapid…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Back-pressure on EventHub input

We've noticed how the SA behaves on EventHub messages spikes and I guess no back-pressure mechanism is implemented on the Amqp Receiver. Please add the link crediting mechanism to ensure SA does not run out of memory (if this is the case) when a spike of messages occurs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. SA doesn't support to specify event hub endpoint explicitly

currently, SA in one cloud is limited to use the data source instance from the same cloud. nevertheless, it would be more flexible if the SA allow to specify the endpoint like pointing to a data source instance in another sovereign cloud.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When creating an ASA job input, prefer a service bus in the same resource group

When I 'Create Input' in the new portal for my ASA job, it defaults to the first service bus it finds. If there is a service bus in the same resource group, default to that instead.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. How about GetArrayElement that does not do a positional retrieval?

I faced today the issue of having to pick a JSON from an array where all the elements are of JSON type. GetArrayElement picks an element by position and I was not very happy with the prospect of having my query not working if for some reason the order of the elements in the array changes. In the circumstances I wrote the JavaScript function below:

// array contains JSON elements. The function returns the first element that has the 'key' key.
    function main(array, key) {

function searchFunction(value, index, array) {

return undefined !== value[key];
    }

var result = array.find(searchFunction);
    return…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Dropbox as an output for CSV and JSON

Some dashboard services use Dropbox as a platform to exchange/load data sets.

It could be usefull to add it alongside Azure Blob Storage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. power bi

some sql like features in stream analytics. creating storeproc or function in sql would be great.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please add feature that can use "Identity" at Stream Analytics side

This "Identity" is the feature of SQL Database. Like a "Identity(1,1)".
    when I use both outputs different from SQL DB and SQL DB, I want to assign the same ID number, so please implement this Identity function on SA side.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Rename Existing Stream Analytics Job

Would like to be able to rename an existing stream analytics job. Without this, we have to delete existing and create a new one, copying everything over, and then we lose the ability to start "from last stopped"

Obvious work around for this is making a note on when the job was stopped, and starting the new one from that time.

But ideally, changing the name would be much simpler and less prone to error.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bug: Reading the reference data test input from CSV file does not work. Switching back to JSON works well.

Tried to test my query with IoT Hub as a Data Stream Source and SQL Database as a reference input. I have added the JSON message as a Data Stream test input and CSV file as the reference file input. Testing the query does not provide any results, neither errors. Converting the CSV file to JSON and re-running the test, works well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Stream Analytics

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base