Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Stream Analytics

Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed real-time stream computation service hosted in Microsoft Azure, which provides highly resilient, low latency, and scalable complex event processing of streaming data. Azure Stream Analytics enables developers to easily combine streams of data with historic records or reference data to derive business insights easily and quickly.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Reference Data from SQL database not working well

I have a query where I use JOIN clause to join the reference data. Running the test with test files works. Reference Input SQL Query works and retrieves the results so that query is not the problem.
    When testing the ASA Job with real data, it does not retrieve the results, even I send the same message as in the test. Switching reference input to JSON file from BLOB storage makes it working

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Inputs and Outputs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Blob

Infer timestamps from blob filenames instead of metadata. I just bulk uploaded my back data in order to test (one blob per day of data, with YYYY-MM-DD names). But ASA appears to be using the blob LastModified timestamp property to determine whether the data should be included or not. The problem is that the LastModified dates ended up out of order, and worse, are from today, not from the previous months from when the data was collected originally.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sample data time-range selection

The date displayed in the "Select time range" dialog is in US date format. My browser and OS are set to NZ format, the international normal of dd-mm-yyyy. Please change the date display to match.

Also, the time input is rather finicky, suggest an improvement on this one too. Would be good to specify the time as UTC as well as local time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow to manage multiple Queries instead of only one query with multiple statements

Allow to manage multiple Queries per stream to be able to connect one or more inputs to an output, instead of having to write in one query multiple select statements.
    This will allow managing the queries easier and gives a management structure.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fieldnames are different at runtime

At runtime the fieldnames are different from the fieldnames at testing, because when you test the query all the fieldnames are lowercased. This is very confusing and causes problems. The field names when testing the data should be the same as when running the ASA job.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add comments, display file names and change title of query

1. In job diagram, can we allow option to add mark up/comments , 2- Display file names if reference is chosen, Define query as "Process". It is defined as output

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Better diagnostics

I can see input, run queries, and test the output, but no data comes into the output. Diagnostics won't show any content, so all that's left is to give up trying to get this to work.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Requesting Managed Service Identity to have RBAC at the directory level

In the case that there are two types of users that need different permissions. They want RBAC control at the directory level not the container level to be able to provide more granularity in permissions for different users.

Each of their directories have ACI RBAC control that is unique based on user and dir. However the ASA only allows MSI to specify Container for RBAC. RBAC container needs higher permissions that they do not want each user to have for every dir.

I think for ADLS gen 2 it is technically possible to use ACL only for assigning permissions to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to define parameters for multiple uses

We have implemented some complex queries with several constants in their criteria/filters. These constants are also used in multiple stream analytics jobs.

Having a way to define parameters or constants that can be defined once and used multiple times would simplify maintenance.

This feature was covered by using UDF. But the issue here is functions in Stream Analytics require at least one argument or it throws a syntax error (the workaround was to declare "any" as an argument and pass any value).

It would be convenient to be able to define and re-use parameters multiple times.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There should be Boolean support between Azure Stream Analytics and the Event Hub

Currently, the Stream Analytic Job doesn't support Boolean variables as input (it converts boolean to 0/1).

According to document, after stream analytics version 1.2 support boolean data type. I'm not sure which version do you use in event hub display stream analytics.

document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/stream-analytics-query/data-types-azure-stream-analytics

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Release of IP's or internal Stream Analytics via IotHub

We have a scenario with Stream Analytics with iothub with access to the SQL Server database. IotHub with SQL Server is able to close a SQL Server firewall structure using Azure internal endpoints. For example, we do not have IotHub for Stream Analytics is unable to close because it does not have any IP or DNS in the SStream Analytics structure that it provides to close this communication via firewall.

Do you want to know from Microsoft if there is any way to close these accesses within the Azure framework itself? or if there is an IP that or Stream…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support Database Schema for SQL Database Sink

First Error 'could not find table [schema.table]'
    Updated Table to schema].[table and new error

I would like one security user for Streaming Analytics to be able to write to any schema in the target database to remove the need for post load ETL jobs or triggers to move the data to the required schema

Use Case: Adventure Works are recording data from tills, this includes sign-in and sales transactions, the stream analytics job can identify the difference between a login and sale, the login data needs to update the hr schema with an employee login while sales need to be…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Read Application Properties (Device Properties) from Iot Hub event endpoint in StreamAnalytic

I want store telemetry in azure sql db.so I got input from Iot Hub built-in event endpoint in stream analytics (Integrated in sql db) and want to process application properpties that attached to telemetry from iot hub message enrichemnt. I research alot in UDF, UDA, built-in function stream analytics but couldnt even see application properties in stream analytic. So how can i do that? Is this possible?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add ALWAYS TRUE pattern to MATCH_RECOGNIZE

using matchrecognize to detect "V" shape data change is very convenient, however it will miss the first value as "delta" calculation starts only when data is changed.
    you can find a good explanation of ALWAYS TRUE in MATCH
    RECOGNIZE at https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/bi-datawarehousing/mr-deep-dive-3769287.pdf

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Query Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. deviceConnect

properties_s {"deviceId":"D-0000001","protocol":"Mqtt","authType":null,"maskedIpAddress":"40.113.245.***","statusCode":"404"}

i am gatting error like this process data from iot hub to stream job

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Display scale from main screen

Minor UI Enhancement

Would be nice to see what a stream analytics job current scale is without having to go into the sub screen.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide ability to Write message to blob store and send blob path to queue

This would allow me to save large results that may not fit in a queue, but still use Azure function to do further processing on results.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Error policy per output

It should be possible to define error policy per output. Lets say we have 5 different outputs and if one of those five is failing we will never get output to the other routes. Today we will have to create a new streaming job which is costly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Stream Analytics

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base