Stream Analytics

Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed real-time stream computation service hosted in Microsoft Azure, which provides highly resilient, low latency, and scalable complex event processing of streaming data. Azure Stream Analytics enables developers to easily combine streams of data with historic records or reference data to derive business insights easily and quickly.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Invoke Functions in Batch & Parallel

Current Functions Output executes one by one and ensures ordering. In our scenario, ordering is not important & we would like output to support.

1. Batching & invoke function for each batch (Array as input)

2. Invoke functions in parallel for non-ordering scenarios (may be as a configuration for output)

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Inputs and Outputs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support SQL DB stored procedures as ASA Output

Allow native support to Stored Procedures to be called from Stream Analytics. This way, we don't need to build custom solutions to trigger Stored Procedures when ASA generates O/P.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Inputs and Outputs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow REST Endpoints as reference data input

Possibility to define REST endpoints as reference data inputs. Including refresh rate settings similar to SQL Database.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Output to Azure Postgres

Similarly how Azure SQL is supported it would be great to have an output connector to Azure Postgres.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Output to ADLS gen 2

Support for output to ADLS gen 2 in addition to existing inputs.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  2 comments  ·  Inputs and Outputs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. BUG: Reference Data from SQL database not working well

I have a query where I use JOIN clause to join the reference data. Running the test with test files works. Reference Input SQL Query works and retrieves the results so that query is not the problem.
    When testing the ASA Job with real data, it does not retrieve the results, even I send the same message as in the test. Switching reference input to JSON file from BLOB storage makes it working

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bug: Reading the reference data test input from CSV file does not work. Switching back to JSON works well.

Tried to test my query with IoT Hub as a Data Stream Source and SQL Database as a reference input. I have added the JSON message as a Data Stream test input and CSV file as the reference file input. Testing the query does not provide any results, neither errors. Converting the CSV file to JSON and re-running the test, works well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How to check for data loss in Stream Analytics

◾️Configuration
    In the steps Azure IoT Hub-Azure Stream Analytics-Azure Data Lake Storage, the data of Device-to-Cloud Messaging of Azure IoT Hub is accumulated in Table Storage and Data Lake Storage.

◾️Problem
    When Runtime Errors occur in Stream Analytics in this configuration, I can see the details of the error in the activity log, but I don't know how to determine if this error is causing data loss.

◾️Request
    Instead of comparing the number of input and output data of Stream Analytics, I would like to compare the contents of data output from the IoT Hub with the contents of data…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to see the events

In the output boxes, one should be able to extract the top N events to see what data they produced

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Job Diagram

This Job Diagram holds real promise as visual intuitive view of job execution and metrics especially during development. In it current form it's anything but that. When I select an output it seems to default to out of order events only.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. reference data

Allow TIMESTAMP BY OVER with reference data

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Inputs and Outputs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support IoTHub.* in Azure Stream Analytics Tools for Visual Studio

When authoring a query in the portal, I use the IoTHub object to get at items like IoTHub.EnqueuedTime (discussed here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/stream-analytics/stream-analytics-define-inputs#stream-data-from-iot-hub) These do not work in the ASA tools for Visual Studio.

When you use stream data from an IoT Hub, you have access to the following metadata fields in your Stream Analytics query:
    Property
    Description
    EventProcessedUtcTime
    The date and time that the event was processed.
    EventEnqueuedUtcTime
    The date and time that the event was received by the IoT Hub.
    PartitionId
    The zero-based partition ID for the input adapter.
    IoTHub.MessageId
    An ID that's used to correlate two-way communication in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Inputs and Outputs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Output to PostgreSQL

Native output to Azure Database for PostgreSQL

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add support for compressed output

I have historic data imported through spark in avro format to our Gen 1 Data Lake. I am now using ASA to stream the live data.
    Spark defaults to uses snappy to compress avro files where as ASA doesn't compress. This has resulted in a 10 fold increase in storage size and a slow down in access speed. Can you add support for compression of the outputs in ASA?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. SQL connection Failure

When output failed due to SQL server unavailability then SA doesn't have re connection logic to connect back once SQL Server is up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Duplicate Outputs

If i want to insert data to sql table from different query then query editor won't allow to use same output to use in different queries even though destination must be same. It will be duplication of output.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Input from Cosmos DB changefeed

Support direct input from Cosmos DB changefeed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Foresee event grid output for Azure Stream Analytics

Azure Event Grid really helps in building distributed, event-driven, applications on Azure. Having out of the box support to publish selected events from Azure Stream Analytics to Azure Event Grid would be awesome!

To achieve this today, I have to call (and deploy + pay) an Azure function that takes the message and call the actual Azure Event Grid API... It would be so much easier to have this out of the box and this would benefit for future out of the box event grid subscribers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Stream Analytics

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base