Stream Analytics

Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed real-time stream computation service hosted in Microsoft Azure, which provides highly resilient, low latency, and scalable complex event processing of streaming data. Azure Stream Analytics enables developers to easily combine streams of data with historic records or reference data to derive business insights easily and quickly.

How can we improve Microsoft Azure Stream Analytics?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support automatic restart with IoT Hub failover

Azure Stream Analytics fails to received input from IoT Hub after an IoT Hub/Event Hub failover. the user will have to restart the job manually
    after failover. It is difficult for user to restart the job manually due to a midnight failover for a 24x7 ruiining system.
    Please consider automatic restart or restart button of Stream Analytics after IoT Hub failover.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Advanced Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow REST Endpoints as reference data input

Possibility to define REST endpoints as reference data inputs. Including refresh rate settings similar to SQL Database.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Inputs and Outputs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Output to ADLS gen 2

Support for output to ADLS gen 2 in addition to existing inputs.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Inputs and Outputs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cosmos DB as Reference Data

I think Cosmos DB is the best solution for low latency reference data. For our IoT use case, we need to maintain state after certain condition met, and subsequent DeviceId will use that reference data in query.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stream Analytics VNet support

Stream Analytics should integrate into Virtual Network (VNet) so I can access my services seemlessly without requiring cross-internet access.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add function that change time zone of activityLog.

The JSON in activityLog shows time zone as a UTC.
    But I want to set that time zone as a JST.
    So, please add function that can change time zone of activityLog.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SQL Managed Instance Output

Please investigate supporting SQL Managed Instance (as opposed to single DB) as an output for Stream Analytics.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Integration with deployed ML.NET models

Integration with deployed ML.NET models

It would be very neat and useful if I can deploy my custom ML.NET model to an Azure Function or elsewhere, and directly call it from Azure Stream Analytics. As nice as Azure Machine Learning Service is, it forces me to learn the Python eco-system.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. limit output event data batch size

Allow user to configure the number of output events that can go in a single event data. As of now, for EVent Hub as output, format of JSON output (new line or array) can be configured but there is no way to configure how many events can be batched. This would allow the user to control the throughput based on needs and the consumer of event hub can have consistent behavior on the max events (or one event) per message.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. reference data

Allow TIMESTAMP BY OVER with reference data

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Inputs and Outputs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support IoTHub.* in Azure Stream Analytics Tools for Visual Studio

When authoring a query in the portal, I use the IoTHub object to get at items like IoTHub.EnqueuedTime (discussed here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/stream-analytics/stream-analytics-define-inputs#stream-data-from-iot-hub) These do not work in the ASA tools for Visual Studio.

When you use stream data from an IoT Hub, you have access to the following metadata fields in your Stream Analytics query:
    Property
    Description
    EventProcessedUtcTime
    The date and time that the event was processed.
    EventEnqueuedUtcTime
    The date and time that the event was received by the IoT Hub.
    PartitionId
    The zero-based partition ID for the input adapter.
    IoTHub.MessageId
    An ID that's used to correlate two-way communication in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Inputs and Outputs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. improve sample data user experience

Currently i get no feedback when sample data is uploaded or not.
    Also every time i update query, i am asked to upload sample data again which is time consuming activity.

Even when i sample data from live stream, it still asks me to upload data from file.

"Ocassionally", when same data is pulled from live stream. I get a notification to download this data. Once this notification disappears, there is no way to get that file again

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add support for compressed output

I have historic data imported through spark in avro format to our Gen 1 Data Lake. I am now using ASA to stream the live data.
    Spark defaults to uses snappy to compress avro files where as ASA doesn't compress. This has resulted in a 10 fold increase in storage size and a slow down in access speed. Can you add support for compression of the outputs in ASA?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. SQL connection Failure

When output failed due to SQL server unavailability then SA doesn't have re connection logic to connect back once SQL Server is up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Duplicate Outputs

If i want to insert data to sql table from different query then query editor won't allow to use same output to use in different queries even though destination must be same. It will be duplication of output.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please restore "Output Last Processed Time" metric at job diagram

I have check "Output Last Processed Time" everyday at job diagram.
    So, I want to be restored "Output Last Processed Time" metric at job diagram.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for your comments.
    We are making some changes to the job diagram, and unfortunately had to remove this information for now. We’re investigating how to add it back.
    What is your usage of Output Last Processed Time? If it’s to monitor if your streaming pipelines is acting as expected, you may want to use the “output watermak delay”. When this number goes up, it means your pipeline is getting delayed. More info here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-metric-in-azure-stream-analytics-tracks-latency-of-your-streaming-pipeline/
    Thanks,
    JS

17. Output to PostgreSQL

Native output to Azure Database for PostgreSQL

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Azure Stream Analytics cannot see event hubs in same subscription

If you want to add Event Hub as stream input of your Azure Stream Analytics, you can't add it through portal even the event hub in the same subscription, the same resource group.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Unable to create SAJ with just one input of type Reference Data. Enabling this feature will let us build real-time dashboards on SQL DB

Unable to create SAJ with just one input of type Reference Data. Enabling this feature will let us build real-time dashboards based on SQL DB itself.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. More secure connection options between Stream Analytics and Azure SQL Database

Currently, Stream Analytics only supports Username and Password. Several customers need to support more secure connections to realize higher security model such as supporting MFA (certificate) model and Key Vault.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Stream Analytics

Feedback and Knowledge Base