Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

How can we improve Azure Log Analytics ?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Inaccuracy in configuration assessment for patches

We currently have configuration assessment enabled, and we are receiving alerts for 'Servicing state update 2871777 reduces errors when applying Windows Server 2012 updates. The problem is that this is superseded by KB3003729, which we have installed on the servers throwing this alert for the prior update.

I realize that we can select to ignore these alerts, but if I want to receive value from Op Insights I don't feel it should be necessary to 'tune' alerts for things that are being recommended by Microsoft, having to essentially evaluate the validity of each alert before acting upon it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Will forward the bug report to the team. These rules are still maintained, but you have noticed that part of the product still uses Silverlight screens and the ‘old’ (non search) backend.

Generally speaking, the original Advisor scenario has evolved in a few ways:

- Configuration ‘best practices’ check are being implemented per technology in vertical IP’s such as SQL Assessment – http://blogs.technet.com/b/momteam/archive/2014/10/23/new-sql-server-assessment-intelligence-pack-in-advisor.aspx and AD Assessment http://blogs.technet.com/b/momteam/archive/2015/02/24/new-active-directory-assessment-intelligence-pack-in-azure-operational-insights.aspx

- tracking changes of configuration has been turned into the ‘Change Tracking’ solution http://blogs.technet.com/b/momteam/archive/2014/09/24/wish-you-knew-which-configuration-change-caused-the-issue-or-what-changed-on-a-server.aspx

- System Update Assessment for tracking overall patch status

The new platform allows more data types and scenarios and is still evolving.

2. Failover nodes that are running inside of Windows Server 2012 virtual machines may fail to join the cluster

I am getting alert "Failover nodes that are running inside of Windows Server 2012 virtual machines may fail to join the cluster". The suggested fix and referenced KB article (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=320726) talk about disabling the "Microsoft Failover Cluster Virtual Adapter Performance Filter" binding on the host nodes (not in the guest).

However, I am getting this alert with a Windows 2012 VM guest cluster in Azure IaaS (using the cluster for SQL AlwaysOn). I obviously can't change the host nodes in Azure. What am I supposed to do? Should I disable this binding in the guest OS also?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow customization to point to team specific knowledge base along with the customer support.microosoft.com site

Currently the product points to the knowledge base which is at support.microsoft.com,instead of that if that can be reconfigured so as it can be pointed to some customized knowledge based solutions.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change Severity and Priority of Configuration Alerts to SCOM

The ability to Override the Severity and Priority of Advisor configuration alerts to SCOM. These should also be selectable by true class in SCOM (i.e. Windows Operation System vs SQL DB Engine instead of all being under "AdvisorConnector Class")

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Incorrect (again) - Unsupported SQL Server version used by VMM

This issue was Previously reported and marked fixed on Aug 18, 2014, but I am seeing it now with a supported version of SQL server.

I am running VMM 2012 R2 UR4 (VMM Version: 3.2.7768.0). SQL version used by instance hosting VMM database (as reported by select @@VERSION) is:

Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (SP1) - 11.0.3401.0 (X64) Jan 9 2014 13:22:15 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corportation Enterprise Edition: Core-based Licensing (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.2 <X64> (Build 9200:) (Hypervisor)

It appears the rule/monitor cannot detect the SQL version. See export of the alert attached

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. SQL Server database present without a backup on SQLAO secondary replicas

The rule works but in a SQLAO scenario secondary replicas is a question here. How to be able to use this rule dynamically when SQLAO is introduce into the environment? Manually disabling these rules for each secondary replica or even when a Failover occurs, how can this rule be effectively used?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base