Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Correct Syslog parsing

Add the correct / complete recognition syslog protocol. It is necessary to monitor network equipment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Allow a Kusto query to reveal update agent readiness and the compliance state for patch management / azure automation

I would like to determine if we have machines that aren't reporting a ready state due to issue with monitoring agent or hybrid workers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Incorrect response codes in Log Analytics for WordPress apps hosted in App Service

We have a couple WordPress apps hosted in an Azure App Service and MySQL database. We've enabled Application Insights which does capture some information that can be useful.

Upon building dashboards with this data, we've noticed all the http response codes collected are 200 even though in the raw logs some responses are 404 (page not found). This makes the information when attempting to build useful dashboards invalid and/or inconsistent when we want to capture failures.

Support ticket was raised but advised WordPress and App Insights is not supported. Please either remove the option for the plugin or provide support…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback and its now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

4. Shared query link

Log analytical query “ share link once opened goes to Getting Started page and until we click getting started button query explorer does not run the query. Is there a way to skip the getting started page when using link shared for query?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. log integration for linux machines

I would like to see integration between Azure Log Integrator and Linux VM diagnostics. Currently Linux VM Diagnostics data goes to a storage account but Azure Log Integration server does not collect the info. It only collects the info for Windows servers. It will be nice to also read Linux diagnostics into Azure Log Integrator.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Log Management and Log Collection Policy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. App Insights should have the capability to have a logarithmic chart.

When capturing stats against the 95/99th percentile latencies, it would be useful to have the ability to apply a logarithmic chart to App Insights. Currently, this can be completed in Splunk.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

7. Event Logs (Application, System, etc) not being collected on certain servers

I've added 8 new servers on the Operations console, and these servers are reporting heartbeat, alert, performance and usage data on the OMS portal.

Then when I run the query Type=Event Computer=<domain>, it doesn't return any information even after configuring the Windows Event Logs as the screen attached.

It's been more than 48 hours since the servers were added, and the events are collected from servers in a different management group and domain.

Please, what can be done in order to fix this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Log Management and Log Collection Policy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Currently the JSON log messages getting truncated and split inot multiple lines when its very long

Currently we are facing an issue while analysing application logs. When the JSON log message is very long its getting into multiple lines. Our requirement is to get them in one line. Could you please help us fix this issue? Please let me know if you need any further informations?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Service degradation

I am seeing a Service degradation for almost the entire day when using "measure - by". I have seen same error yesterday for few hours as well.

Filtering alone works.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Post Datas by Microsoft Flow

I want to Post my custom data from action in Microsoft Flow.
    To save logs of each step,
    and search log when trouble,
    and monitor log, send alerts.

Please action by HTTP Data Collector API.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. To collect critical event log of Windows computer

There are only 'Error', 'Waring', 'Information' type of Windows logs can be collect, but no 'Critical' events. My customer wish to collect and monitor critical event logs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add log sizes information for calculation purpose

Add information about the sizes of common logs from Windows, because customers don't own if the free tier will be enough for their environment

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. _ComputerName appears after VM reboot

I have a slight issue with the log search. When a VM reboots, another computer appears, with the same name, prefixed by an underscore. (_DCO for DC0.contoso.com)

Looks like I have a shadow IT in my subscription... :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Download log analytics chart report in PDF format

log analytics feature we cant save the chart and graph as pdf format

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base