Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

How can we improve Azure Log Analytics ?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Network Performance Monitor linux

Network Performance Monitor Support for Linux OMS Agent

Would love to use Linux Nodes for Service Connectivity and Performance Monitor as part of the Network Performance Monitor solution.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: oidc
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Network Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Network Performance Monitor : custom network test has a test frequency of min 5 minutes

Network Performance Monitor - Configuration - Service Connectivity Monitor. The custom network test has a test frequency of min 5 minutes. 5 minute intervals to check an endpoint is too long, its also too long to graph out trends or analyses in troubleshooting. 1 minute intervals will be needed. This is the only thing preventing my clients from using this solution for network monitoring.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Network Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MAG NPM - Service Connectivty Monitor - List O365 GCC High / DoD Endpoints

Within Azure Government - the NPM Service Connectivity Monitor's pre-canned rules for Office 365 point to the Commercial instance. Idea is for the following:
    1. Add additional pre-canned rules for O365 GCC High and DoD endpoints
    2. Create an Azure Doc that lists the endpoint URLs and ports that way proper monitoring could be configured within NPM SCM (or 3rd party tooling)

The O365 URL / IP list is not a viable list as it lists wildcard hostnames (which is appropriate for firewall configurations, not for monitoring)
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/office-365-u-s-government-gcc-high-endpoints

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Network Performance Monitor-Express Route

Hi,

I've been looking for an option where we can get total upload/download (data in-out) utilization reports either with NPM dashboard or with Log Analytics query by date range. Unfortunately I did not find any.

It would be great if you can provide Log analytic query on NPM dashboard. Currently there is no option available to view total utilization reports for Azure ER.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I suggest you to introduce feature of log collection for firewalls in Azure to Log Analytics.

I suggest you to introduce feature of log collection for firewalls in Azure to Log Analytics. I have a Palo Alto Firewall deployed on a VM in Azure, my requirement was to collect it's logs and perform Log analysis on the same using Log Analytics.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Network Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Express route monitoring error "Not passing through circuit(s)"

I am able to ping and tracert from One system to another system but in Express route monitoring i get an error "Not passing through cirtcuit(s)"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Is Windows 10 support only icmp or it helps TCP protocol too

Install agent and ran Enablerule script but still on Express route not able to identify Windows10 Workstation. Is that rule specific for server OS only?? Kindly suggest

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Network Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Get the top Public IPs in the Traffic Analytics Geo Map View

Hi,
    I would like to get the top Public IPs in the Traffic Analytics Geo Map View menu.
    Right now we only get the malicious traffic IPs.
    This could be useful if we want to monitor the traffic amount even for IPs that are not tagged as malicious.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Need bandwidth utilization consumed per subscription level from the NPM Dashboard or using Log Search

I would really encourage if we can get the bandwidth utilization per azure subscription level so that we can check and alert our users on the utilization.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base