Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove 300 DCs limitation on AD Replication Status!

OMS is a solution that - ideally - should help users in analysing big data as it aggregates it in the cloud.
    It is disappointing that the AD Replication Status solution only supports directories that have less than 300 domain controllers: these are the directories that would take the greatest advantage.

Please remove the limitation!

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  AD Replication Result Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable Run Now capability in AD Replication Result Solution

Enable Run Now capability in AD Replication Result Solution

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  AD Replication Result Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide More Detailed Status when setting up AD Replication Status. Direct Download link for AD Status Replication Intelligence Pack.

Provide More Detailed Status when setting up AD Replication Status. If error return an error code to web GUI from the server event log. A troubleshooting link or prerequisites to get this feature working. I can pull in Assessment and Auditing data from all of my domain controllers but this does not work. I believe it is related to this error I am now getting in my Event Logs. An unmarshaling policy check was performed when unmarshaling a custom marshaled object and the class {45FB4600-E6E8-4928-B25E-50476FF79425} was rejected errors.

A direct download link to the AD Status Replication Intelligence Pack might…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  AD Replication Result Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix ADm Import bug

Be able to save changes without the page crashing <when attempting to checkbox 'import AD' in computer groups the save button breaks>

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Agent installation directory

I did not install the agent in the default directory. Some modules like "AD Replication Status" or "ChangeTracking" did not put their information back in Azure.
    I had to make a directory join between the default installation directory and the one in which the agent was actually installed (mklink /J "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Monitoring Agent" "D:\outils\Microsoft Monitoring Agent")

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Chnaging the default syntax which errors when clicking on an event in Replication Status

Change the default syntax when drilling down on a replication error as the current syntax gives an error
    Example:
    ADReplicationResult | summarize arg_max(TimeGenerated, *) by SourceServer, DestinationServer, PartitionName, TenantId | where LastSyncResult != 0 and "DestinationServer == "<servername fqdn>"" | sort by TimeGenerated desc

The set of quotes (") at the start of DestinationServer and at the end of the server name need to be removed for the query to work. This can be done manually but can the default syntax be changed so this does not error each time an event/error is clicked on ?. Does not make for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base