Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Data source as DirectQuery of Power BI

I want to connect the Azure Log Analytics from Power BI as DirectQuery.
    for more analyze the data on Azure Log Analytics.

Currently, Power BI can import the data from Azure Log Analytics,
    Next, connect the data as DirectQuery,
    for save time, save cpu, save memory

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Wire Data Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wire Data Agent - Support for Oracle Linux 7.x

Wire Data Agent - Oracle Linux 7.x

Support of Wire Data Agent for Oracle Linux 7.x versions, as the latest version supported in Oracle Linux is 6.6 (a release from 2014)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wire Data Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Wiredata does not see UDP ?

Hi

Seems to me, that the Wiredata solution will not pickup UDP traffic ?

I want to do some deepdive on our DNS servers and saw that only TCP DNS queries were collected. No UDP.

Query:
    "Type:WireData | measure count() by ProtocolName"

Only returns the amount of TCP, no UDP.

Bug or me doing something wrong ?

rg
    Richard

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. unknown protocol in wiredata

The search result of:

Type:WireData | Measure Sum(TotalBytes) by ApplicationProtocol

shows Unknown Protocol with a sum greater than nearly all the other 43 protocols combined. This appears to be a bug. See attached screenshot.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Wire Data Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Even if ApplicationProtocol is reported as Unknown, you should be able to see the underlying transport/network protocols as TCP, UDP, etc.

At this stage, ApplicationProtocol is currently limited to a well-known set of protocols based on standard port mapping logic in the MP. If the port number on the wire data does not follow the standard port number, the application protocol will be shown as Unknown.

It’s on our radar to see how this can be improved in future iterations – we just recently enabled this first version of wiredata and are gathering more feedback on how to evolve it, we are still in the process of documenting it.

5. Add support for Wire Data collection for Windows 2008 R2 Servers

My environment has a large number of Windows 2008 R2 servers, and would benefit greatly from having Wire Data collected for these servers in addition to our Windows 2012 and above servers.

The value of OMS would increase greatly from this addition for many organizations.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Wire Data Solution availability in other regions

When is this going to be available in Australia or becoming GA?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Wire data in standalone data plan

I would like to suggest that the solution Wire Data could be part of Standalone plan to turn into financially viable to my costumers

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. WireData SQL protocol

WireData Don't identify sql traffic of a named instance.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Wiredata is consuming too much CPU after Sep 15th update

Huston we have a problem. The wire data update on Sep 15th caused my production systems monitoring hosts to basically use one CPU core. I had to remove wire data IP. I can share more data and dumps if needed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wire Data Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. WireData USB broadband not working

WireData client crashes on W10 Pro OS that is connected through USB broadband internet connection. I assume this might be the problem with network interface itself as many network-sniffing tools refuse to work with that kind of adapter connection. (Nmap / wireshark). Below error on event log, I gave up troubleshooting this one on my own

A module of type "Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.HealthService.WireData.WireDataSource" reported an exception System.InvalidOperationException: WireDataSource: Failed to Connect. ---> System.Management.ManagementException: Generic failure
    at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
    at System.Management.ManagementObject.Put(PutOptions options)
    at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.HealthService.WireData.WireDataCapture.Connect()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.HealthService.WireData.WireDataCapture.Connect()
    at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.HealthService.WireData.WireDataSource.Start() which was running as part of rule…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wire Data Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mention InstallDependancyAgent-Windows.exe is x64 only on download page.

Suggest adding a little text to the Wire Data download specifying x64 only. Yes, Okay, maybe nobody has 32 bit only...I just can't install on my tablet and downloaded it twice (once on the tablet itself) before I gave up. :) Love the solution though! Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base