How can we improve Azure Log Analytics ?

Ability for Searchs to Have Titles

When I click on the "Locked-out Accounts" view from the Security IP, I am brought to the search section. There is no way on this page to tell what I am looking at without analysing the search. In the search bar it shows "EventID=4740" but who in their right mind has every event id memorized. There should be a title that shows I clicked on "Locked-out Accounts".

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback.

This is similar to the behavior the mobile app has for ‘saved searches’ – they do show the title there.

Coded drill-downs today don’t carry a title across pages, and changing this has an overall impact on the breadcrumb code, most likely – see this other idea http://feedback.azure.com/forums/267889-azure-operational-insights/suggestions/6519263-moving-across-pages-needs-to-be-seamless-clickable

Keep in mind that the default drill down pages are meant as a convenience: once you identified a search you care about, you can SAVE it to your Saved Searches, and pin it on your own dashboard – those tiles in dashboards have a title (=the name of the saved search).

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base