Provide an Intelligence Pack for System Center Service Manager
Create an intelligence pack for System Center Service Manager to provide additional analytical data for problem management, incident analysis, and configuration item analysis.
Can you provide a RANKED list of what is MOST and LEAST important for the various capabilities and scenarios that SM provides? i.e. you listed
- problem management
- incident management
- configuration items
Asset information would be good, even at a high level such as how many workstations by o/s and service pack
Alessandro Gregnanin commented
1) Event Management process integrated because Alert Management could use SCOM connector at SCSM to create automatic Incident Request @ SCSM
2) same for Change Tracking as Nathan said in his post
3) build Service Map where services Azure components (VM) are synched with CMDB as Configuration Items (Azure connector ?)
Nathan Lasnoski commented
Here are some ideas:
• Problem management using incident analysis and configuration item relationships as well as SCOM data from alerting. This could be accomplished quickly and would have a significant benefit.
• Change management using changes from Service Manager and change tracking analysis alignment
• Software inventory data exploration using data from the CMDB
• Configuration management exploration through data populated from the CMDB, SCOM, and Azure
• Service management analysis, using comprehensive incident, sr, change, and configuration data related to services. This would require other investments, as a very low percentage of customers have this type of data today.