How can we improve Azure Log Analytics ?

Collect IIS Logs from Windows Azure Diagnostics storage (WAD) for Azure Web Sites

Azure WebSites write to WAD in a different folder structure. The work of this other idea http://feedback.azure.com/forums/267889-azure-operations-insights/suggestions/6519377-collect-iis-logs-from-windows-azure-diagnostics-st enables reading those IIS logs for Azure Cloud Services (i.e. web role instances) but not for Azure Web sites.
This new idea is for the latter scope.

169 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Daniele Muscetta (Operational Insights, Program Manager) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Cloud Services / Virtual Machines write with a different container/folder structure in Azure blob than Azure WebSites. Our current ingestion processes the former, not the latter.

Anyhow, also consider the ‘generic’ idea of a platform feature to ingest your own logs http://feedback.azure.com/forums/267889-azure-operational-insights/suggestions/7928931-collect-data-from-custom-containers-in-storage-acc

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ola Johansson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any progress here? I think it's so strange that this doesn't work. Should be really simple and it's actually really hard to figure out that it actually doesn't work.

• SC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd say not just IIS Logs... starting from there would be quite useful and important - the bottom line is: starting somewhere would be a great thing!

• Aaron Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also find it very odd that a flagship feature of Azure (Websites/Webapps) is not actually supported.
    We're finding ourselves very lacking in options having used Webapps, but I expect Microsoft themselves to support it!!

• Embers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The whole point of op insights is surely to have a single place to aggregate / query log data and provide system wide insights. I can't believe this isn't already a feature and has to be requested. Why is everything in Azure half finished...

• Jakob Boman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have feature for us, would love that it was easy to integrate Azure Websites with OI.

This is also something that is currently lacking in Azure, a single place to be able to perform log management over multiple of sites.

Feedback and Knowledge Base