Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make email unsubscribe easy

The follow up emails are a good reminder but the unsubscribe option is unacceptable, in my opinion.

It should be a single link to unsubscribe, the current instructions are unnecessarily difficult and take too long to execute, especially as I appear to have to complete this task in each of my workspaces rather than at a top level.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wiredata is consuming too much CPU after Sep 15th update

Huston we have a problem. The wire data update on Sep 15th caused my production systems monitoring hosts to basically use one CPU core. I had to remove wire data IP. I can share more data and dumps if needed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wire Data Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft.IntelligencePacks.Advisor.Monitoring not importing.

I've just onboarded our SCOM 2012 R2 environment onto OMS and I'm continually receiving the following error. The Management group is UR7.

Failed to import the latest Advisor Management Packs to the Management Server. Reason: System.ArgumentException: The requested management pack is not valid. See inner exception for details.

Parameter name: managementPack ---> Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.ManagementPackException: Verification failed with 1 errors:

Error 1:
    Found error in 2|Microsoft.IntelligencePacks.Advisor.Monitoring/31bf3856ad364e35|7.0.10038.0|Microsoft.IntelligencePacks.Advisor.Monitoring|| with message:
    Could not load management pack [ID=Microsoft.IntelligencePacks.Monitoring, KeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, Version=7.0.10038.0]. The management pack was not found in the store.
    : An error occurred while loading management pack 3478205f-b521-8bc4-b69b-67ac2759516d from the database

---> Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.ManagementPackException: Could not load…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow one SCOM to sync with multiple workspaces

Allow SCOM to send data to different workspaces based on monitoring groups.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Alert Management Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Operationional Insights reference in OMS

I've noticed a reference to Operational Insights (old name) reference in the portal.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search UI and Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Collect data from Azure SQL Database.

Customer want to various logs to the "Log Archive System". If we can use Azure SQL Database as a source, we can collect all kind of logs from it with custom solution writing to Azure SQL Database.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Owner in Alert IP

Add Owner field to alerts - would be great for management to see, who is having problems with resolving alerts :)

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Alert Management Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable CDN Compression

Azure CDN now supports enabling data compression. Compressing https://az416426.vo.msecnd.net/scripts/a/ai.0.js could save 41.9KiB (76% reduction)

Is it possible to enable compression on that CDN? It's a no brainer.

Thanks,
    -guy

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Browser Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Increase Quota of Custom Fields from 20 to 200

20 Custom fields too little. I am sure you can increase the quota from 20 to 200 without a sweat :)

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change Severity and Priority of Configuration Alerts to SCOM

The ability to Override the Severity and Priority of Advisor configuration alerts to SCOM. These should also be selectable by true class in SCOM (i.e. Windows Operation System vs SQL DB Engine instead of all being under "AdvisorConnector Class")

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add multiple storage and automation account accros multiple subscriptions.

Would it be possible to add multiple storage account across multiple subscriptions. this can also be applied to the Automation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. upload logs to the Azure OMS more frequently

Can the the upload frequency of the logs to the Azure OMS be reduced? currently it is minumum 12 hours http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us

This is applicable to system update management, Change management within Operational insights

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for idea. Let’s see how many customers are interested.

As an added note, while frequency can not be changed for both System Update Assessment and Change Tracking, the 12-hour frequency only applies to System Update Assessment. Change Tracking only consumes data when there is change in the environment, with minimum frequency of 6 minutes.

13. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback.

While there is no out-of-box way to achieve this today, you can manually set up a dashboard with search queries.
    Blog on how to monitor IIS by converting IIS Management Pack into search queries: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dmuscett/archive/2014/11/05/iis-mp-event-alerting-rules-s-opinsights-searches-equivalents.aspx

Also, distributed application support is tracked here: http://feedback.azure.com/forums/267889-azure-operational-insights/suggestions/6519314-business-service-distributed-application-health11

14. Intelligence for backup extended to include Data Protection Manager to Azure

We would like to be able to have good summary information around backup where we don't have an Azure only solution. In a case where we are seeing a lot of growth around IaaS workloads that are not in Azure but are Windows server based where we use a lot of System Center for Monitoring, Management and Backup. It would be great to consolidate backup information from multiple customers where we manage their environment and need to meet in this case backup SLA's using DPM either D2D2VTL or D2D2Azure. Having a backup summary would allow at a glance to show…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. unknown protocol in wiredata

The search result of:

Type:WireData | Measure Sum(TotalBytes) by ApplicationProtocol

shows Unknown Protocol with a sum greater than nearly all the other 43 protocols combined. This appears to be a bug. See attached screenshot.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Wire Data Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Even if ApplicationProtocol is reported as Unknown, you should be able to see the underlying transport/network protocols as TCP, UDP, etc.

At this stage, ApplicationProtocol is currently limited to a well-known set of protocols based on standard port mapping logic in the MP. If the port number on the wire data does not follow the standard port number, the application protocol will be shown as Unknown.

It’s on our radar to see how this can be improved in future iterations – we just recently enabled this first version of wiredata and are gathering more feedback on how to evolve it, we are still in the process of documenting it.

16. PCI DSS V3.1 Intelligence Pack

Would I be able to create an Intelligence Pack that would monitor against defined standards such as PCI DSS V3.1?

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Let’s see how much interest this generates in the community.

Any more information about the scenario / use cases would be helpful.

At this stage you can start determining what data the solution would need, and if it is something that can be collected with the current ‘log managament’ or other solution’s capabilities – i.e. windows events / perf counters – and start writing your searches to get insights.

There is an uber-thread tracking ‘solution building’ here http://feedback.azure.com/forums/267889-azure-operational-insights/suggestions/6519059-ability-for-partners-to-create-intelligence-packs that links to a set of smaller items that will make building your own solutions eventually possible.

17. Add Account to workspace, it doesn't work

I try to add another account to my workspace, but it doesn't work.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. software inventory

I'd like to be able to perform full software inventory on servers and be able to identify non-current versions of programs installed, i.e. JAVA, Adobe Reader etc.

Management Suite should be able to push the newest versions to servers.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Security and Audit Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Trigger the Agent

If I look on the last submission time of the agent, I can see that this is some time ago. As then incorrect data is reflected, it would be good if I can manually trigger the agent to update the data.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Multiple Workspaces.

Ability to have two workplaces open at the same time on different tabs

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in