Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make email unsubscribe easy

The follow up emails are a good reminder but the unsubscribe option is unacceptable, in my opinion.

It should be a single link to unsubscribe, the current instructions are unnecessarily difficult and take too long to execute, especially as I appear to have to complete this task in each of my workspaces rather than at a top level.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Retrieve the portal time span and use it inside the kusto query

I am trying to access the time range selected from portal and use it inside the kusto query to show some metric (% uptime of a specific api using our custom logic).

Documents does not mention any variable or function that we will help to access the time range selected from portal.

It would be helpful to have a magic variable to see the time range selected from portal.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

3. Remove "Settings" tile on the Overview startpage

Wasted Space on the Overview. If even necessary move to configuration or remove entire after reaching 100%... it is no longer required.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Easy UI with Connection Options

Functionality and Logic need to be more Intuitive. Connecting assets to monitor insights should not be so difficult.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are sorry to hear you find this difficult. Unfortunately it is not very clear what exactly you found complex.

Right now the big blue ‘Settings’ tile on the overview screen is your entry point for the steps of adding agents/system, adding solutions to your workspace, and configuring log collection, and it is meant to guide you thru these first steps.

We have some step-by-step documentation about onboarding starting here https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/operational-insights-onboard-in-minutes/

and there are even videos, i.e. https://channel9.msdn.com/blogs/satyavel/3-Ways-to-Onboard-to-OpInsights albeit the UI probably already changed a little since then.

We are continuously making enhancements, see for example this review https://cloudadministrator.wordpress.com/2015/08/04/operations-management-suite-goodbye-silverlight-and-other-stuff/ so, as the UI changes, is not always possible to immediately have uptodate documentation and guidance, but generally we try to make it simpler.

5. Alter saved search from PowerShell / UI

Today you cannot edit a saved search from either PS or UI.

There is a cmdlet that describes this fuction but it does not work.

It would be very useful to be able to dynamically change saved searchs from PS.

In my usage i need it to make a dashboard tile that shows Microsoft Security Baseline and one that shows corporate baseline by excluding KB's that the Corporation does not apply for some reason.

Cmdlet link:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt651656.aspx

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. when doing a custom dashboard the titles are getting truncated

when doing a custom dashboard the titles are getting truncated.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Choose My Dashboard as initial page rather than OMS overview

Each user should be able to customize the initial screen they get to after opening OMS. The My Dashboard should be that initial screen. The current overview is stuff that should be in the My Dashboard. What is now called "My Dashboard" is really "My performance overview". In addition to displaying tiles that have graphs or charts of data, the my dashboard should be able to display the tiles that are now displayed in the Overview.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Using Thresholds as a front tile in OMS

It should be possible to how many circumstances that is giving out an Error, warning or normal on the front dashboard.
    Just like the solutions is doing with the recommendations red/green/yellow, it would be nice, if we could use the threshold to do the same thing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dashboards to support collaboration - via restricting privacy, editing, access to different groups of users.

I want to be able to grant different levels of access to different groups of users. I am acting as the admin of a large complex environment and am concerned about privacy.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Not much data about what "Performing Assessement" means for Key vault preview

Trying to use the Key Vault Preview, but I can't seem to get it to show any data. I can search the logs and see that events are captured, but the tile for Key Vault just continues to say "Performing Assessment". Not really obvious what I need to do or how long I should wait before I assume it's broken or misconfigured.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. FIX BUG IN NOTIFICATIONS

I KEEP RECEIVING NOTIFICATIONS!!

The "receive email" box has been unchecked forever in my account settings - yet I keep getting email notifications!!!

This is truly horrible.

Aren't you required by law to have an "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email?? All other emails I get from Azure have a direct unsubscribe link at the bottom. You should run the content of your unsolicited notification email through LCA, as this really might be a legal liability.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Cascading Input controls

I think we must have cascading filters options enabled in the filters section.
    The filter query must have the ability to accept the parameters to restrict the data of the dependent input control.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. extention log

please record the update activity for Azure VM Extensions in Azure Activity Logs.
    Some Extensions outputs error logs on system evt or syslog when these are updating, But it is not easy to confirm the update was done successfully via Azure Portal.
    If Azure Portal shows the update status and update activity, it is very good function.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

14. How can i do advanced colour mapping on view designer

Please how can i use advanced colour mapping on view designer

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Scrap the overview tile

Id like to pin the drilled down dashview to the portal, I need to have the dashboard have less clicking. The overview tile just adds unneccessary clicks. Or even the same views in the dashboard view, be available in the overview tile. So the information is right there without the summary

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Settings overview tile has vague "items completed" feature.

After setting up my workspace (completely functional now), I'm presented with a tile on the overview dashboard stating "2 of 3 items completed". I have no idea what the remaining item is. When I click the tile, it redirects me to the list of installed solutions (I've installed 8). Please include information on what "items" this counter refers to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. View Designer: Missing options (list scaling and threshold)

Feedback regarding the View Designer. I'm using Line chart & List parts on my test view. How do I change the scaling of the values in the list? IE, display GBs instead of 34K MB. This is a feature that appears in the graph header so I might be missing something. In the same area, it would be great to be able to have '<' thresholds too. IE when DiskSpace < 10 GB then display yellow.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Aliases for Connected Computers/Sources

I would really like to have the ability to assign aliases to computer names in OMS - for instance, having computer name "WIN-2DUHT78" be displayed in OMS as "Production2". Maybe allow filtering/searching using the aliases as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow a user of portal.azure.com to add an existing workspace

Need a way to add a user with User access to an existing OMS workspace. Right now it asks the user to create a new workspace and everything.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve navigation

Improve navigation so it is less modal, less context sensitive. For instance I should be able to go directly to My Dashboard or to Log Search or to Overview from any screen. Perhaps a toolbar?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base