Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

How can we improve Azure Log Analytics ?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide ability to query resource Graph data from Log Analytics

Please provide option to query resource graph data from Log Analytics. That will allow to correlate data between those and some interesting scenarios will be possible. Also you should be able to use Log Analytics query that reaches resource graph and you can create Log Search alert.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow forwarding of data

While the idea behind OMS is good, for log data the last thing we need is _another_ dashboard in our environment. Please open up the solution so that its possible to forward data from OMS into Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, or services such as Datadog/New Relic. I know I can use Powershell and querying but I'm looking for something more integrated which can run continually. For example enabling forwarding of log data which has triggered an alert would be a great feature that would let us leverage oms. For now, it's way to black-box to provide us with any useable value.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ubuntu cannot deploy log analytics connection at Service Fabric Cluster

According to public document, we cannot deploy to connect between log analytics and Service Fabric with Ubuntu.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/log-analytics/log-analytics-service-fabric-azure-resource-manager

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/service-fabric/service-fabric-diagnostics-oms-setup

** Please see 'Note' **
    Enablind this experience for Linux cluster is not yet available.

We want to know the ETA of this feature.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add ability to collect via WMI Query

It would be hugely beneficial if to collect information via WMI without using a custom runbook.

Information provided by WMI could be used to build custom searches (Groups) based on results of a WMI query.

Another advantage of collecting WMI information without the use of a runbook is there is great monitoring data inside the WMI classes but the hourly frequency of a runbook is not frequent enough to leverage the data.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add Log Analytics (Operational Insights) service updates to https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/

There needs to be a location where we can quickly find what has changed related to OMS from a log analytics perspective. Currently Automation is part of https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/ and so is most if not all of Azure. Please add Operational Insights as an option on this site and provide the updates to OMS here so that it's consistent with the rest of the Microsoft Azure based services.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Better Power BI integration

The visualizations in OMS are extremely limited and not user-friendly. We've been trying to use the Power BI integration, but it is really awkward and the data is often inconsistent. We'd like to see better integration with Power BI, perhaps by allowing direct queries or data streaming.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow referencing individual elements of searchresults in WebHooks

I'd like to be able to include key data contained in alerts. It's my understanding that this data is contained in the #searchresults array. When I try to include the entire object in an alert, my OMS -> groupchat webhook breaks. I'd like to know the user that's having trouble logging in without having to log back into OMS.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Integrated Helpdesk Ticketing System

Integrated helpdesk ticketing system.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Get-​Azure​Rm​Operational​Insights​Search​Results Limits to 5000 results how would I get 20000

How do export more than 5000 results, as Get-​Azure​Rm​Operational​Insights​Search​Results limits to 5000. We are looking to export 20000.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Stack of line charts view does not dynamically scale when scope for time is changed

All other views are changed when scope for time frame is changed but not for Stack of Line chart view. Please fix this bug.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to push OMS dataset to a Power BI group workspace

The ability to push OMS a dataset to Power BI individual workspace is helpful, but I would like the integration to allow the ability to push to a Power BI group workspace or another Power BI individual workspace.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create custom visualization template gallery

Please, create visualization gallery where we will can search tiles/queries and import to our solution. Something similar to what we have in a azure automation https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/automation/automation-runbook-gallery

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add more ad-hoc custom text fields to "Upgrade Readiness" solution

Add more ad-hoc custom text fields to "Upgrade Readiness" solution. Currently there is only an "Application Owner" field which accepts ad-hoc text entry. We were heavy users of the ACT tools and like its ability to add custom categories and sub-categorizes so we could filter data not only by application owner, but by region, office, department, etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to ingest CSV and TSV files

Multiple internal and external tools export their output to csv files. It could be great to have the ability to ingest them to Log Analytics without building some new infrastructure for it

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Exchange on-premise

Do you have an Exchange on premise monitor?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Update Management

I'm not sure if this is the place to put a question on the Update Management solution, but I didn't see a category for 'Automation and Control' or 'Update Management'.

I've been experimenting with the OMS offerings using Windows 10 1703 computers for testing. In all cases, the Windows 10 machines are pointing to Microsoft Update, and not to a internal WSUS server.

I've noticed that Update Manager is reporting ~20 missing drivers for my computer that Windows Update that the Windows Update Agent is not picking up. Some of those drivers are categorized as Windows 8.1 drivers.

One that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Clone solutions from the gallery

It would be nice to be able to clone solutions from the solution gallery in log analytics.
    I find myself reusing parts of existing solutions and then tweaking/customizing those. This would be easier with the possibility to clone solutions from the solution gallery.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Integrate log analytics with Data Studio to have desktop solution

It would be awesome to have the capability to query log analytuics from from Azure Data Studio so I can use one IDE for all my data style analytics. save queries, connect to different workspaces. The portal is a poor experience for this currently

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Iot solution for IotHub/ServiceBus

One of my customers build Iot Solution based on multiple Azure Services (web Apps, service fabric, sql, iot hub, service bus, application insights).
    We started using OMS as a single point of monitoring. OMS covering almost all services from our set, except of IoT... it's a gap in a our solution, because we must use big azure portal to initial investigation.

Please, add native support for IoT Hub and Service Bus as a solution to OMS.

If we need more details, please contact with me

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base