Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

How can we improve Azure Log Analytics ?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How To Configure Gmail SMTP Setup?

Have a look on how gmail outgoing server setting can be configure in appropriate manner.
    Foremost thing to do is just have quick access on mail application configuration dashboard
    Moving forward, user is required to fill in relevant information related to Gmail email Smtp Settings
    Make sure smtp server name is type as smtp.gmail.com
    Enter username as gmail email address
    Accurate gmail password in password field
    SMTP server port as 465
    User is require to check authentication option
    Once done hit click on finish option
    Now user can enjoy email experience without any hassle. User need to know that there…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Security and Audit Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Process Name of Alert "Distinct malicious IP addresses accessed"

I want to know the process name of the Alert "Distinct malicious IP addresses accessed", for do some protection.
      If the process name is Outlook, I search related mail,
      If the process name is Microsoft Edge, I search the url.

and I hope the url or host name of mailicious IP address.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Security and Audit Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Get Splendid Solution for issue related to Gmail SMTP Outgoing Server

Is user experience trouble in sending mails? If this is the issue, then user is require to dig in configuration setting of gmail outgoing server. SMTP is Simple Mail Transfer Protocol which help in quick delivery of mails. If the mails are not send in proper manner then it may happen that gmail smtp not working.What to do to solve this situation? To avoid this situation user is required to adopt some potential guidelines which can fix the issue in minimal time. http://www.gmailsupportchat.com/article/gmail-email-smtp-and-server-setting-configuration-support

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • dnat or network rule alert and/or search query

It would be nice to be able to search if anyone create specifically a dnat rule using azure firewall . At the momemt it is only possible to create a Activity Log Alert for "Creates or updates an Azure Firewall" event , however it’s not limited to NAT Rule Collection only but creates activity logs if it falls under below criteria and you can create an alert on top of it. it’s a broader alert for any activity within the Firewall resource

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Possible false phish report

getting alerted that this site is a phish with a confidence level of 75% 167.89.125.30 but it reverses to sendgrid. Is there a link within oms to modify this behavior. I'm pretty sure its not a phish but I guess I could be getting fooled somehow. The thing that makes me go hmmm is why is this coming from a server that has nothing to do with sendgrid!
            thanks

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Post Query syntax - Software inventory

I'm looking for OMS query syntax (need to build a query that will pull software inventory by PC) and the link in the help file called Complete query syntax opens https://technet.microsoft.com/library/mt450427.aspx - We are sorry this page cannot be found
              Any help would be appreciated

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • predictive telemetry Azure ML and TDSP

Connect your telemetry with Machine Learning and predictive environnement for detect typologies of events : configuration server, performance track, health events, audit gpo, sql events , audit, quality...

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                2 Next →
                • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base