Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom Fields to more CL

Please, enable capability to apply a single custom field to more CL. Or, capability to create a Sub-CL

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Network Performance Monitor linux

Network Performance Monitor Support for Linux OMS Agent

Would love to use Linux Nodes for Service Connectivity and Performance Monitor as part of the Network Performance Monitor solution.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Network Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure trafic manager logs with OMS

it would be great if we could have logs of Azure traffic manager in OMS

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. DCR: powershell cmdlet to collect activity log across subscription in Log analytics workspace

We have activity log solution here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/platform/collect-activity-logs
    cx want to do the below steps by powershell command:
    - Configure activity logs to go to your Log Analytics workspace.
    - In the Azure portal, select your workspace and then click Azure Activity log.
    - For each subscription, click the subscription name.

Currently we don't have any powershell commands to do the same, as I know, we have some powershell command to enable custom logs in log analytics, hence please also provide similar command to connect activity logs in workspace across subscription.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. RBAC - DA - SLA

I was thinking about synchronizing OnPrem SCOM Distributed Applications to Insight, toghether with SLA/SLO,
    or an option to create DA in Insight (group objects) + the option to add RBAC to the group, this would eliminate the need to publish dashboards in SharePoint (or give access to SCOM) for tenants to see the general health of their scope of servers/applications

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add native support for AIX

Provide native support for SCOM monitored AIX systems.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. extend perfmon counters from sql named instances

The names of SQL Performance Counters depend on the instance name. At the moment, if we want to collect SQL Perf mon counters from all SQL Servers in our environment, we need to enter every named instance (and then maintain when new named instances come online). We'd like to be able to use a placeholder in a similar way to SCOM:

In SCOM, we can use the following whereby the PerformanceCounterObject picks up the counter name (based on the instance name):

$Target/Property[Type="SQLServer!Microsoft.SQLServer.DBEngine"]/PerformanceCounterObject$:Memory Manager

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Disconnect OMS from SCOM

If I want disconnect OMS from my SCOM environment is not possible unless I remove a MP that manage this component. This is not good for experience and also require many days after complete cleaning can be done from OMS.

You should introduce a Disconnect button to detach SCOM from OMS with the automatic remove of SCOM MG into OMS portal.

S

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt484104.aspx#To-remove-a-connection-from-Operations-Manager-to-OMS

To remove a connection from Operations Manager to OMS

You can remove the Microsoft System Center Advisor Secure Reference Override management pack to disconnect the Operations Manager from OMS.

Another way to stop sending data to OMS is to remove all Operations Manager computers that are registered to OMS.

9. Allow community sharing of Saved Searches

Enable OMS users to share a saved search into a community search gallery that enables other users to search by category/tags, view a search, and add it to their workspace under a given category.

Please give additional comments and suggestions below!

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Extensibility / Partner scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. SharePoint ULS

It would be great to be able to have a log type for SharePoint ULS logs.
    The Custom Logs is a great step in this process, but still seems clumsy.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Link Multiple Account into Workspace

In this moment is possible manage only the resources linked to the Workspace account. This means that is not possible link a different account where I want have Backup/Automation status.

As consultant this is a big limitation because I can monitor the computers from one subscription but not some advanced resources, in case the customer has Azure Backup/Automation.

S

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Windows Server Cluster log collection.

This would be invaluable in investigating failure issues and correlating them to external problems (ie, SAN problems)

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Windows Server 2003 and before were using TEXT log files http://support.microsoft.com/kb/168801

Windows Server 2008 and beyond use ETL traces – http://blogs.msdn.com/b/clustering/archive/2008/09/24/8962934.aspx

Also refer to these generic ideas:

Text log files collection tracked here http://feedback.azure.com/forums/267889-azure-operational-insights/suggestions/7113030-collect-text-log-files

Collection of ETW traces is tracked here http://feedback.azure.com/forums/267889-azure-operational-insights/suggestions/6691402-collect-etw-trace-logs

13. OMS Training

Have a Microsoft Official Course Covering OMS, as the customer would love to understand this Suite and train their resources after purchasing the subscription but as of now, no option to get trained on this

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Microsoft Intune integration with Azure Log Analytics & OMS

I want to monitor Microsoft Intune by Azure Log Analytics & OMS? How to Monitor or any Management Solution is available in OMS

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Multi tenant support for OMS App

Add support to add multiple tenants in the OMS app. So I can get push alerts from my customers.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Office 365 Analytics - populate UserSharedWith parameter

The O365 pack gets logs of file sharing operations, and the user who shared, but the UserSharedWith is always blank. This is accessible in O365 audit logs

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Log Analytics can not use Service Tag for NSG

Now, Log Analytics can not use Service Tag configuration in NSG.
    We want to use NSG for limitation of outbound from VM via NSG.
    But Log Analytics has a URL limitation for connection to workspace.
    So, it is impposible to configure in NSG. (It is IP address!)

If Log Analytics has Service Tag in NSG, we will be enable to use it for NSG in environment.
    We're waiting for release this feature.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extensibility / Partner scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Syslog support by Windows agent

I want to collect Syslog in some Windows, no-Linux environment.
    Syslog collect from NAS, Router, Firewall, and send to Log Analytics.
    and There are no Linux professional.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Security and Audit Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. ADFS Auditing

It would be great if Log analytics could correctly identify and parse ADFS audit events. currently they are identified as "500 - The Desktop Window Manager is experiencing heavy resource contention."

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Business Service / Distributed Application health from SCOM

I would like to be able to provide a summary for a business service. For instance, if I had a 3 tier distributed application defined in Operations Manager, report on configuration, performance, security against the DA.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This isn’t really a prioritized scenario at this point, as we don’t really bring all of the OpsMgr data to the cloud, but only for specific scenarios (to which you can opt in/out by adding/removing ‘intelligence packs’).

I updated the category of this idea to match it is a new Intelligence Pack/scenario suggestion.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base