Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OMS Update Management should flag if installation needs restart or not

Azure OMS - Update Management currently lists the number of patches which are missing in all the linked servers. It would be really helpful if it can also display whether a patch requires a restart or not. That information would help users to decide whether to install the patch now or plan for later.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Text box for username does not allow you to type in it

Adding a user under "Accounts" does not allow me to click and type in the text boxes without changing the selections in the radio buttons.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dashboard bugs

I ran into a couple of bugs:
    1. In My dashboard i added some tiles: The last tile or sometimes two) won't load and the site "freezes" while trying to retrieve the data. I can't press customise to remove that tile. It happens in different browsers.
    2. Office 365 connector doesn't produce Exchange usage data (Azure AD, Sharepoint and OneDrive do. In connected Resources it says the account is connected for Azure AD, Sharepoint and Exchange....
    3. One of my Custom Views worked fine until this morning and then for no reason just links to an empty space. Instead of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Usage

On the Usage view I would like to be able to distinguish between the amount of data generated per cloud / datacenter, for example to have a quick view how much data came from my on premise datacenter vs Azure

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Inventory solution too pricey

$6 per non-Azure node on top of Log analytics log storage seems overpriced.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Change Tracking Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

6. predictive telemetry Azure ML and TDSP

Connect your telemetry with Machine Learning and predictive environnement for detect typologies of events : configuration server, performance track, health events, audit gpo, sql events , audit, quality...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Security and Audit Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug: OMS Gateway.msi - product id number not same after install (registery)

hi,
    i just tried to install the OMS Gateway.msi with the package dsc resource, unfortunately it installs not correct. Although it does install the oms gateway. issue is, by installatation it checks on ProductCode : 5225CCB2-878D-4D3E-8EF3-E9ED963556B7 .

BUT after installation , it registers with a different productcode CC7658E2-7EB2-44D1-97C0-D0048717F6A9 .
    for now i fixed it for my dsc configuration, might be a minor to look into

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OMS Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Service View

Currently, it is showing a view based on the servers data however I am not able to distinguish between portfolio. Suppose I would like to have view based on my org Portfolio then I need to integrate IT Service Management data.

Is it possible to give the view based on Business units instead of server wise. e.g. Finance, Platform, HR , LCA etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Move regenerate button away from copy button

Just move 'primary key' regenerate button away from the 'copy' button.. if you are in an hurry, you can make a mistake and click on 'regenerate` button instead of copy button

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Iot solution for IotHub/ServiceBus

One of my customers build Iot Solution based on multiple Azure Services (web Apps, service fabric, sql, iot hub, service bus, application insights).
    We started using OMS as a single point of monitoring. OMS covering almost all services from our set, except of IoT... it's a gap in a our solution, because we must use big azure portal to initial investigation.

Please, add native support for IoT Hub and Service Bus as a solution to OMS.

If we need more details, please contact with me

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Why must a solution be installed?

All I need is the default Log Search function. I do not need any of the additional offered solutions. For example, I only need to collect and report on IIS logs. I cannot search those logs unless I install a solution such as Security & Audit. As soon as I install a solution, then IIS logs are pulled in. If I then remove that solution and wait some time then all events stop being collected. Is there a method to collect IIS logs only without enabling a solution that is not needed? That un-needed solution just increases my storage thus…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to hide image and test machine under workspace data sources

I would be nice with an option to remove/hide virtual machines that are used for testing, migrering and for building images for Citrix, Azure RemoteApp, etc. from the view in "Workspace Data Sources"

See screenshot

@KristianNese

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "Notable issues" blade for IT Operations

In the Security and Audit solution you have the "Notable issues" which is populated with save log searches and prioritized based on the search category. It would be valuable for the IT Operations team to have the same ability just on searches related to IT Operations. This way IT Operations could get a quick overview of IT operational issues and prioritized. Some the searches would be some that also is save as an alert because they need action now, others are for proactive problem management.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Workspaces with names that have characters different than numbers and latters cannot be linked in Azure Portal

Let's say you've created workspace with name 'Stan-test55' via the OMS Portal. Later when you open the Azure Portal (portal.azure.com) and try to link that workspace you cannot. The name is in red, no exact error appears what is wrong. See screenshot. I've tried to create a new workspace trough the Azure Portal directly and when you try to enter name it says that only numbers and letters are allowed. Seems there are differences in the logic of creating workspaces trough the different Portals. This could result into issues with customers.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide a web proxy service for VMs

Provide a web proxy service for VMs so that it is not necessary to allow internet access for IaaS VMs to contact services such as Windows update or OMS/Log Analytics.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. whitespace

There is too much whitespace. The bar with icons for alerts etc incl.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search UI and Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add workspace name for the "cross subscription " scenario in HDInsight monitoring UI.

Currently, only workspace ID and workspace key is supported for the cross subscription resources . The same to Powershell cmdlet.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Value on the usage "solution"

The value presented on the usage "solution" on the front should display this month's usage rather todays. The amount of uploaded data this month is more meaningfull, and perhaps more important, than what has happened today.

The meaning of today is alvo vague - is it measured in GMT, CET, PDT or ? When does the number reset?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Why is service map not available as solution to my tier

oms is getting close to being useable but I can't understand why when I pay for 10 solutions I don't get 10 solutions, seems like you get to pick and choose what those 10 solutions are. As in the new service map SOLUTION, wth is this, its a solution and I should be able to use it as one of my solutions. Yes I'll admit that overall oms seems to be a good solution for our company but not that good. Since you set the rules you should stick to them.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Required to download log analytics report in suitable format

In log analytics feature we cant save the chart and graph in file need to take screen shot and save it ,it's big task to do every time so this feature must be there .as my opinion .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base