Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would to embed Azure Personalized Views as Sharepoint web part

I would embed Azure Personalized Views as Sharepoint web part

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. To collect critical event log of Windows computer

There are only 'Error', 'Waring', 'Information' type of Windows logs can be collect, but no 'Critical' events. My customer wish to collect and monitor critical event logs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Log Management and Log Collection Policy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Resource Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sharepoint&Exchange&Hyper-V

OMS Can add Sharepoint &Exchange&Hyper-V Dashboard

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Error in decorating search URL

There are several entries on User Voice regarding deep links:
    https://feedback.azure.com/forums/267889-log-analytics/suggestions/8119320-url-direct-to-dashboard
    https://feedback.azure.com/forums/267889-log-analytics/suggestions/9261738-deep-link-url-to-search-results

They’re all in “under review” even if the feature is actually there. Alas it has a glitch when the query contains the % character (escaped to %25).
    The repro is really simple, take this query: Type:Perf (ObjectName="Processor") (CounterName="% Processor Time")
    Encoded as: https://[your worskape id here].portal.mms.microsoft.com/?returnUrl=%2f#Workspace/search/index?_timeInterval.intervalDuration=3196800&is=false&q=Type%3APerf%20(ObjectName%3D%22Processor%22)%20(CounterName%3D%22%25%20Processor%20Time%22)

If you use the link the portal stays on the search page, any other query I tried that doesn’t contain the % (%25) char works fine.
    Any update on this feature?

Thx
    Daniele

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The Log Analytics REST API should support chunked encoding for requests

According to the documentation, up to 30 MB of log data can be sent in a single request: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/loganalytics/create-request

To economise on memory, it would be preferable to stream such large requests using chunked content encoding, but this isn't possible because shared key authorisation requires a content-length header to be set: it responds with

{"Error":"InvalidAuthorization","Message":"No Content-Length header was specified"}

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out if you see issue to send smaller chunks data with 30MB maximum size for single post would request you to please open a Azure Support ticket to further troubleshoot.

However if the feedback is to increase the single post maximum size 30MB . Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

9. Automatically populate the networks, subnets etc and start some default monitoring.

Automatically populate the networks, subnets etc and start some default monitoring.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Agent Download Link

Under Settings -> Windows Servers when attempting to download the agent, users should be able to right-click and copy the link so they can paste that directly in the target server's browser window

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unique

It would be incredibly powerful if we were able to do a Select Distinct/Unique on a given result set.

I'm thinking something similar to how this is done in PowerShell:

Get-Process | Select Name, Path -Unique | Sort Name

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Search UI and Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Customized Background or Tile with graphic

As a Managed Service provider we have multiple OMS instances, therefore it would be advantageous if we could customize the background or add a graphic to make it more obvious which instance we are viewing, particularly on wallboards.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Dashboard failed

Dashboard failed when many tiles configured on dashboard

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Possible false phish report

getting alerted that this site is a phish with a confidence level of 75% 167.89.125.30 but it reverses to sendgrid. Is there a link within oms to modify this behavior. I'm pretty sure its not a phish but I guess I could be getting fooled somehow. The thing that makes me go hmmm is why is this coming from a server that has nothing to do with sendgrid!
    thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Security and Audit Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ruby Rails

Ruby version in Azure. The current version of Ruby Rails supported by Azure will no longer be supported in 2019. What is the upgrade path?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Connection to Automation fails if Automation account is moved to other resource group in Azure

I used the "Move" functionality in Azure portal to move my automation account from one resource group to the other.

This caused a "weird" situation in OMS.

I could still see the account was connected, but there was no runbook/job count.

I had to re configure the automation connection for them to show up again.

See attached PDF for screnshots

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add log sizes information for calculation purpose

Add information about the sizes of common logs from Windows, because customers don't own if the free tier will be enough for their environment

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. GUI Status of Server

At a glance icon to match up with server to see status of server, i.e. red -down, green- up, yellow-unknown.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Tile Editing Mode

Instead of toggling "Customize" for tile changes, add a "Done!" button while in the editing mode. Less confusing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base