Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug with syntax parsing in log analytics alerting that works fine in application insights analytics

There appears to be some sort of bug with using toscalar() on an application insights log in log analytics when making an alert.

This query works fine in the application insights query interface:
    let endInstant = now() -15m;
    let beginInterval = 4h;
    let beginInstantTable = requests
    | where timestamp >= endInstant - beginInterval and timestamp < endInstant
    | summarize min(timestamp);
    let beginInstant = toscalar(beginInstantTable);
    let beginHoursAgo = datetime_diff("Hour", beginInstant, endInstant) + 1;
    requests
    | take 100
    | extend hoursAgo = datetime_diff("Hour", timestamp, endInstant)
    | make-series count() on hoursAgo from beginHoursAgo to 0 step 1 by operation_Name

By contrast, it fails…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure audit log event when running out of licenses

Unfortunately, there is no configuration setting in Azure AD to get a warning when running out of licenses. Warning is displayed only in Office 365 admin portal.
    It's quite painful with Commerce licensing model when the license is not being assigned to newly provisioned user until additional licenses are bought. Someone has to manually check number available licenses via Office 365 portal instead of getting an alert and order more licenses immediately,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

3. Ability to ignore recommendations per AffectedObjectName

for a SQL engine with multiple databases you can have differet settings such as full recovery mode for one DB and simple for another, but it is the same RecommendationId for all databases for the Recommendation "Avoid using the simple database recovery model". Will it be possible in a future iteration to ignore remmendations on a per affected object ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SQL Assessment Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Public Peer Monitoring on OMS Network Performance Monitor solution.

Public Peer Monitoring on OMS Network Performance Monitor solution. Right now the solution is incomplete without monitoring on public peering.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Cannot remove user because of scaling issue

On a surface pro 4 a User cannot be removed because yoe cannot move to the Position. See Attaché screenshot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Browser Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Error

The runbook button isnt working on the alert pahe

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dahsboard not reflecting solution state

Couldn't find where to post bugs so I'll post it here.

My Dashboard does not reflect the underlying state of my solutions. Last assessment (a week ago) there were several issues with both the SQL and AD assessment. Now all solutions show no issues both in the main dashboard and the solution dashboard.

But if you click on the See all link on a subsection in a solution dashboard (i.e. "Availability and Business continuity" on the AD assessment) all failed recommendations are shown.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Alert Management Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. mobile app

Is it possible to change the default page, I would like the Overview instead of Dashboard?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. add organization button not available in my workspace

The workspace I setup a couple months ago recently shows when I log in says that its linked to a Azure directory that my account doesn't have access to and being so...Im unable to use the 'add organization' option under accounts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Help track down an issue and fix it.

I'm having issues with seeing whats needed on my servers, and it may be due to having SCCM installed, per bpoe. If I can help isolate that and give you access to fix things, just let me know.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OMS Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add support for days in alerts feature for both alert frequency and alert suppression

We need more flexibility for the alert triggers that allows both weekly and monthly triggers. Basically you should add support for days triggers and perhaps also a date trigger would be great.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Manage Patching solution with Powershell

The update management solution is quite nice while in preview, but using the search capabilities to define patches that need to be excluded is missing some things - for example, getting the exclusion list out to Powershell to be added to an update schedule, also through PowerShell would be ideal - to improve the exclusion of patches in an update window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Use Azure backup to backup O365 mailboxes & sharepoint sites + monitored in OMS

Would be nice if Azure backup could backup the mailboxes in O365 and the teamsites + O4B in SP Online. If a restore is needed, then an admin can manage this himself instead of a SR. Best of all would be if succes+failed backups is monitored in OMS, which you can use as a dashboard.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Embedding Log Analytics Solutions to Third Party Web Apps

Possibility of embedding OMS dashboards from solutions for external Web Apps for customers.
    There is the possibility of collecting data from OMS and integrate with Power BI and later embed this, but it is "raw" log information, not the pre-made dashboards in OMS solutions

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Exception in OMS ios mobile app when trying to view the saved search .

Create and deploy saved searches in OMS workspace.

Now on the ios oms mobile app . try to view the saved search .

click on any saved search listed.

Exception encountered.

see attached file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. OMS dashboard showing 0 (zero) computers in the Upgrade Readiness tile

OMS dashboard is showing 0 computers in the Upgrade Readiness tile. When you click on the tile it shows 13k computers

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remote Registry Service Stopped Or Does Not Start Automatically

HI,

The alert "Remote Registry Service Stopped Or Does Not Start Automatically" from "AD Assessment" is not correct for me. he detect all my servers not in health, but services Remote Registry is started and Startup type to Automatic already.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Active Directory Assessment Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. After Advanced Analystics update to MOMS Upgrade readiness I can't find how to set my program status to ready to upgrade etc

I updated my OMS Upgrade readiness to newer version with Workspace upgrade .

Now I can't find how and where I can change upgrade readiness etc settings as they are all missing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sytax Suggestions

Don't give me syntax suggestions if they are invalid!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search UI and Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base