Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If a server has un-supported server roles, list the name of the offending role

One of my servers recently triggered this alert on my AD Assessment Solution:

ADAssessmentRecommendation
    Recommendation:Uninstall unsupported server roles.
    Description:One or more server instances are running Windows server roles that are unsupported on Microsoft Azure-hosted virtual machines.
    RecommendationResult:Failed
    TimeGenerated:2015-06-05T14:40:41.357Z
    FocusArea:Upgrade, Migration and Deployment
    RecommendationWeight:0.07116105
    Computer:BEHEMOTH.FOXDEPLOY.local
    AffectedObjectType:Microsoft.Windows.Computer
    AffectedObjectName:BEHEMOTH.FOXDEPLOY.local
    Domain:FOXDEPLOY.local
    SourceSystem:OpsMgr
    AssessmentId:e03c53b7-1748-4535-83b8-9a2ae3498168
    RecommendationId:dac0c167-3dd7-4009-a6bb-cab8a701a7ee[View]
    FocusAreaId:6c3d7177-68b0-4283-89da-43c8d1364324
    ActionAreaId:260c6c18-443b-423d-9517-a9873f3c81d0
    ActionArea:Platform Upgrade and Migration
    TargetCount:1
    Forest:FOXDEPLOY.local
    DomainController:BEHEMOTH.FOXDEPLOY.local
    IsRollup:false
    IsCopied:true
    RecommendationPeriod:2015-06
    [-] show less

Unfortunately, I don't see the offending Server Role listed here or in any of the drill down links. However, I do a see link to an MSDN article on the summary page here, which could…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Active Directory Assessment Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Active Directory Assessment not accurate

We have Active Directory assessments coming in as recommended that do not seem accurate. Specifically we have one regarding our domain which indicates that we have only one global catalog server available - whereas in fact all of our DC's are GC's.

Thu, 09 Jul 2015 14:57:05 GMT | ADAssessmentRecommendation

Recommendation
    :
    Create additional global catalog servers.

Description
    :
    Your Active Directory forest contains only one global catalog server (GC). If this server goes offline, domain controllers (DCs) will be unable to resolve objects in other domains within your Active Directory forest. Authentication requests may fail and applications such as…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Active Directory Assessment Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Configure valid Domain Names Service Servers on Domain Controllers - False

I have DNS running on both DCs that I have in the domain. Not sure why I am getting this alert.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Active Directory Assessment Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AD Assessment Should Not Scan On-Premises DCs for Unsupported Azure Roles

A recommendation is made to uninstalled unsupported server roles in the AD Assessment Solution. The details of the recommendation says "One or more server instances are running Windows server roles that are unsupported on Microsoft Azure-hosted virtual machines.", but the domain controller listed in the Affected Objects is actually located on-premises and not in Azure.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Active Directory Assessment Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Not all rules obey to the proxy authentication settings

it seems that not all the rules obey to the proxy authentication settings. On a customner site I get the following error just for: Microsoft.SystemCenter.AdvisorAssessments.ADAssessment.CloudFileUploadRule

Log Name: Operations Manager
    Source: HealthService
    Date: 5/19/2015 3:54:31 PM
    Event ID: 4502
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Description:
    A module of type "Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Modules.CloudFileUpload.CloudFileUploadWriteAction" reported an exception Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Modules.CloudFileUpload.FileUploadException: Unable to get blob container for assessmentpm from https://ffaae818-a287-4c29-b7eb-4be371f78ca6.ods.opinsights.azure.com/ContainerService.svc. Will keep trying according to the specified policy. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context)
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Modules.CloudFileUpload.CloudFileUploadWriteAction.GetRequestStreamCallback(IAsyncResult asynchronousResult) …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Active Directory Assessment Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add AD Tombstone Lifetime Configuration Documentation link

You must add a direct link: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc784932(v=ws.10).aspx - when the error Review the domain controller Tombstone Lifetime configuration is detected

This can help the user to detect and resolve the issue without problems.

S

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Active Directory Tombstone lifetime detects wrong value

I received an Error that the tombstone lifetime in AD is less then 60 days. In fact the tombstone lifetime is set to 365 days and not LESS then 60.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. unsupported on Microsoft Azure-hosted virtual machines detected on OnPrem Server

One or more server instances are running Windows server roles that are unsupported on Microsoft Azure-hosted virtual machines.
    -> This is reported on a OnPrem DC

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base