Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support for autorefresh dashboards and session never expire.

Add support for automatic refresh/session never expore.
    Autorefresh each x seconds on dashboards and main overview Dashboard.

This will solve the problem when using OMS dashboards as operationcenter with monitors. The sessions expires to often and the content do not autorefresh.

415 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    13 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Access read only Dashboard directly from URL

Maybe IT can be (partially) achieved by RBAC but we would like to have the possibility to access a read-only version of the dashboard just bij entering a URL. The dashboard should not have a timeout. this way we can put the dashboard on a big screen (and when the possibility of multiple dashboard is enabled) we kan put multiple big screens on our service desk.

Access to this dashboard should be restricted by IP address and/or an URL or something like this.

310 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow to create multiple Dashboards

Need option to create more custom Dashboards. Within a Dashboard we need option to segregate tiles into different custom categories\Headings like all tiles of IIS into one area of Dashboard and all SQL into another.

145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Restrict user access

I want to grant a general user access to Log Search and My Dashboard only. I want to be the administrator of the environment and setup the dashboards for them, but I do not want them to be able to browse all solutions, or be able to add/remove solutions, or make any changes to the dashboards. If things need added/removed/modified then those requests should be funneled to me, the admin.

I'm also interested in displaying the My Dashboard solution on a big screen as suggested in:

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/267889-azure-operational-insights/suggestions/6984082-access-read-only-dashboard-directly-from-url

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Live graph in dashboard

Will it be possible to add a live graph in the dashboard to monitor etc % of memory usage and/or diskspace on a given server and not have to have the bars?

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Performance Tile in My Dashboard

When putting a tile of Performance type onto My Dashboard, I'd rather see performance value/values/avg on tile rather than number of logs gathered.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Per User Access Control For Dashboards

Please provide a User Access Control model for creating dashboards.

--
    I know privileges to add/remove/modify intelligence packs tracked in this other idea http://feedback.azure.com/forums/267889-azure-operational-insights/suggestions/6519299-only-allow-administrators-not-users-to-onboa

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow to export an Intelligence Pack bundle that contains a collection of Saved Queries and Dashboards

Allow to export an Intelligence Pack bundle file format that contains a collection of Saved Queries and Dashboards.
    This would allow prototyping/authoring in one account and moving the 'production' settings to another one, and/or share with coworkers and the community.

This is similar to what Operations Manager had in 'Management Packs', but initially focused on visualization. These simple packs/bundles would declare what type of data the depend on - i.e. you need to have another intelligence pack or have configured a certain log collection beforehand to see these packs light up in your environment, once imported.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. tile down

would like to tile down instead of across for widgets 6x4 or 8x4 seems like it would work.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. my dashboard custom views

Ability to create custom tiles that show data from a query (e.g. "Type!=Operation |measure count() by Type" ) which are either horizontal bar, vertical bar, pie, etc. Colors for the bars or color highlight of critical vs. warning vs. informational status that are over/under a threshold.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. MyDashboard improvements

Dasgboard is lacking widget/tile types.
    Please add at least: piechart, stacked area graph, ability to change scale on tile (the same as in Search).
    In addition would be usefull to have categories under MyDashboard, would be very useful for TV screens where we can select different categories/dashboards to display.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide billing information?

If there could be a window that displays billing information that would be great!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Data not showing up

I registered an Azure VM with OMS, and the portal indicates that I have a single data source connected to OMS, but there is no data from it, for the past 12 hours. How can I ensure that data is getting passed from the Azure VM up to OMS properly?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Generate an alert based on the value in the aggregated results instead of just number of results

For alerts, and for coloring tiles in the dashboard, it is often not the number of results that is relevant, rather it is the aggregated values themselves. I want to be able to generate an alert, or color the bars, based on the aggregated result exceeding a value, not on the number of results.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Customize tiles on Overview page

Customize tiles on Overview page

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

With our integration into Azure, you can now pin Management Solutions to an Azure Dashboard however you want. We have also enabled the ability to filter Management Solutions via a filter box at the top left of the overview.

We have no current plans to enable reordering solutions in the Classic OMS Portal. (mms.microsoft.com)

-Evan

16. Bug with Log Analytics widget on Azure Dashboard

I defined a query in Azure Log Analytics and then I tried to pin it to a dashboard in azure portal, but the widget doesn't load and there is an error in the console logs. Check the attached files.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. ability to organize myself the intellingent packs on portal

Would be great to have the ability to organize myself the structure of the portal, for example put on TOP the management pack that are the more interesting (relevant) for me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Just a thought.

I would like to see the OMS portal work every time that I log in. If there are going to be periods of downtime, I would like to know so that I do not look like an idiot during live demos.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. show

my workspace ID and key ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Operation bug

Fix "[...] is connecting to your server data to perform a malware assessment for the first time. This will take several hours" since days...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base