Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. inefficient sql queries

Give a report/recommendation in the SQL assessment IP for inefficient queries.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  SQL Assessment Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update the recommendation solutions to reflect that On-prem machines might be used

My systems running the OMS agent are all local and on-prem in my envrionment. And yet, most of the copy in the solutions refers to them as Azure machines.

I think this copy could be updated to reflect the fact that many people will use OMS as an SCOM alternative to manage machines that might be on-prem or off. Any explicit references to 'Azure' when refering to infrastructure strikes me as legacy text that should be updated.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SQL Assessment Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "incoming connections" recommendation should not be made on non-Azure instances

I get the "Configure SQL Server to accept incoming connections" recommendation for all of my instances, despite none of them being in Azure. It would be preferable to only get this recommendation on Azure as it does not apply otherwise.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SQL Assessment Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base