Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. One Overall OMS Dashboard integraded with SCOM - Cisco Prime -Solarwinds

Lot of Enterprise organizations have Multi monitor environment Like Microsoft SCOM for Servers in the Datacenter, Cisco Prime for network infrastructure like WiFi and SolarWinds for Network components. Monitoring from outside to inside like Microsoft OMS could be the Service in the middle and make One single Dashboard for the Business, but also for IT Pro's.

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Target Solution packs to group of computers/data centers

I don't want to use ALL solution packs on ALL onboarded servers. At the moment the only workaround is to create workspaces by solution pack and maintain your server list by solution packs.

1) While Adding a Solution; optionally specify groups to target. (e.g. All; only this group members or All groups except members of this group)
    2) Track data/$$ by solution pack and by servers/user defined groups. This can be used to Alert when a SP or computer/group consumes more than expected-->trigger runbook to unload SP on the server.
    3) Configure data flow by restricting (Servers; solutions;group of servers;…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. How to remove Data Sources from OMS

How do I remove a "DataSource" I've uninstalled the software on the server / computer and the count of "data sources connected" is not 1 less device being reported to OMS?

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make the pricing tiers more granular (broken down by solution)

Today the free tier is based on GB/day of data uploaded. If you turn on certain Solutions in the Gallery (Security, Log data), you can exceed these tiers with a 2 computer lab very easily. This will make it hard for prospects to evaluate the product successfully. I think you it would be better to break down the free tier into per-solution limits, so that individual solutions could support an appropriate amount of data for free that would allow for evaluation of those solutions in a small lab environment while looking at other solutions as well. That would be a…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Change OMS Suite pricing model

Change pricing model (OMS Suite) from usage to per node. That way there will be unification across all services. When new solutions are introduced it will be easier to calculate price when you want to use them.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. reset all counters and data / empty the account / force grooming

Currently I'm testing our QA environment in SCA and it would be nice when I'm ready to start moving our production gear over to have the option to reset/delete all data as opposed to closing the account, typing in a reason why, and then setting everything back up.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Real-time cleanup would be expensive in the current architecture. When you close the account, data isn’t deleted immediately, but within several days (detailed in the terms of service and/or privacy statement), as part of grooming.

Right now you’d have to close and re-open account for this.

Anyhow I am leaving the idea open, but we feel that at this point this is a ‘nice to have’ – not a critical one – and would take many cycles and resources from doing much higher priority work.

7. Add "Opeartional Insights GUID" in query word

Currently, we change hostname at managed server, OpsInsight does not chase changing hostname.

And, we install agents to multiple servers of the same hostname, it is displayed mixed data.

Please, identify managend computer by GUID in dashboard.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. add the save warning when the advanced setting has chanced in Log Analytics

After I changed the advanced setting, for example, the performance data of the Windows on Log analytics, could you please add the save warning if I do not save and directly close the page?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Include Dependency Agent Version in Agent Heartbeat Data

Currently the agent heartbeat data only contains the MMA version number. Would it be possible if the Dependency Agent version number is also included?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Trigger the Agent

If I look on the last submission time of the agent, I can see that this is some time ago. As then incorrect data is reflected, it would be good if I can manually trigger the agent to update the data.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OMS Agent Install fails

The OMS AGent Linux install as directed from the OMS Log Analytics Advanced Settings blade;

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Microsoft/OMS-Agent-for-Linux/master/installer/scripts/onboardagent.sh && sh onboardagent.sh -w long-workspace-guid -s super-long-oms-workspace-key -d opinsights.azure.com

The downloaded OMS agent installer script tests for an RPM or DPKG installer but does not error trap and inform the console the script cannot continue on non-RPM/DPKG distributions (Clear Linux OS).

Connecting to github-production-release-asset-2e65be.s3.amazonaws.com|52.216.131.107|:443... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 114996853 (110M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: âomsagent-1.4.4-210.universal.x64.shâ

omsagent-1.4.4-210. 100%[===================>] 109.67M 8.08MB/s in 14s

2018-03-23 23:00:23 (8.08 MB/s) - âomsagent-1.4.4-210.universal.x64.shâ saved [114996853/114996853]

Checking host architecture ...
    Extracting...
    Updating OMS agent ... …

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base