Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support systemd template unit file

So it would be great to enable Log Analytics to track change/enable inventory gathering on systemd services that are using systemd template.

I had a ticket with support that confirmed to me it wasn't supported and sent me here to request a feature... So here I am, I feel it's more of a bug than a feature. If you say the agent support services/daemon inventory and it can do it with "normal" sytemd unit file, I think it should simply work with template too.

What is a systemd unit file template ? https://fedoramagazine.org/systemd-template-unit-files/

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Change Tracking Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

2. Option to filter Microsoft Updates from software inventory

When viewing the software category of the Configuration Management / Inventory solution there's a huge amount of noise generated by updates delivered via Windows/Microsoft Update.

The worst offender is easily Windows Defender. For example, on our tenant there's 41 pages of software inventory details, of which ~36 pages are just Windows Defender updates. Once you also exclude Windows Server and Malicious Software Removal Tool updates there's only ~2 pages of software inventory information remaining, and this is the information I'm interested in 99% of the time.

Some simple option in the Azure portal to "Exclude Microsoft Updates" would be incredibly…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Change Tracking Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Inventory solution too pricey

$6 per non-Azure node on top of Log analytics log storage seems overpriced.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base