Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to search for 'parts' of a datetime field

real world scenario: I need to analyze my alerts distribution by time windows (i.e. how many of them overnight vs during the day) and based on week day (how many on Sunday, Monday, ...)
    I think this scenario can be applied to every data source you have. To do that we need to be able to query on parts of the datetime fields.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Search UI and Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I have this capability on my query language improvement backlog already. I would like to allow folks to search via local time (instead of ISO UTC time) and use keywords like Sunday, 6PM, etc.

This is currently behind JOIN, Regex, DEDUP, and search time custom field extraction.

2. Minify on W3CIISLog

Minify works great for logs. Specifically we would like to get REST endpoints our of the csUriStem

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Search UI and Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change a saved search (hassle free)

Add the ability to change a saved search, without having to remember the exact same name and group to override the existing query. At the same time a rename function would be nice.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search UI and Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add "render" option for query language

Can we please have an option to display search results into different types of graphics? Similar to Kusto (or Application Insights Analytics) which has an option to render the search results into different graphics.
    For example:
    requests
    | where timestamp >= ago(24h)
    | summarize requestCount=count() by client_CountryOrRegion
    | order by requestCount desc
    | render piechart

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base