Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Duplicate computernames cause issues for performance metrics

We have subscriptions that contain identical VM names in different resource groups. For most data events in OMS this is not a problem since they contain the ResourceID/Resourcegroup name.

The problem is that for performance metrics no unique information is logged in OMS to distinguish between those VMs. This means for example that when a "Disk full" Alert is triggered from these metrics, there is no way to know from which resource this alert originates.

Solution: please add resourceID to performance metrics, or at least the MMA agent ID.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. IP Trace (Country)

I see remote desktop failures alot. Some Chiness hackers are trying to hack my Windows Virtual Machines. I see many differnt IP address and it is hard to find where or which country's ip address. It would be great there is embadded IP TRACE feature so that I can see where IP originate from.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. linux

Could we see more documenation around the Linux OMS log forwarding function, and how to troubleshoot when things start to go wrong. I think this would be an excellent resource.

I've been working with OMS, using a linux (CentOS7) based agent to forward syslogs events to my OMS linux agent, and having that host route the relevant log events into OMS.

Having had some experience with logstash, I spotted that the architecture was based around fluentd, so I had a good grasp of what I was working with. I also have a decent level of unix experience.

With that said…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base