Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multi tenancy: Collect Azure Health logs from different Azure tenants

We manage Azure tenants for multiple companies. We want one central monitoring and automation Workspace to manage all these different tenants.
    Although you can collect data from vm agents in different Azure tenants as well as data from different Office365 tenants it is not possible to get the Azure Health logs from different tenants into one OMS Workspace.

506 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Extensibility / Partner scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Programmatically submit Search requests and receive matching results

Ability to programmatically access Advisor (e.g. using PowerShell script) to submit Search requests and get receive matching result set from the Advisor service.

[Edited during forum migration October 2014 - the previous comment were mostly asking for REST API, but a set of Powershell cmdlets wrapping the API was also considered convenient by many]

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Extensibility / Partner scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Operational Insights in CSP subscription

Hi,

Currently, there is no possibility to create Operational Inishgts account in the Azure Resource Manager (ARM), which is a problem, if we operate a Cloud Service Provider (CSP) subscription in which our customer would like to have all his Azure resources.

Please provide this functionality.

Thank you in advance!

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extensibility / Partner scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Last month we made Operational Insights available for CSP subscriptions.

We now support the following scenarios:

CSP can create a log analytics workspaces in a tenant subscription
    CSP can access workspaces created by tenants
    CSP and Tenants can use the Azure portal and OMS portal to access tenant workspaces
    CSP and Tenants can use ARM/PowerShell to create and access tenant workspaces

4. Add ability to execute runbook automation from OMS Portal

I want to be able to execute runbooks from various places in OMS Portal, for example ability to run patch remediation from updates pane

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extensibility / Partner scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow to create my own Tile bound to a Saved search query and create my own dashboard

Allow to bind a Saved query to a widget/tile and position it on a canvas/grid to compose a dashboard.
    This is basically the first step towards custom intelligence packs authoring. Initial scope will allow to create one dashboard and place/bind your 'saved searches' to tiles, so you can have the KPI and information you care most at your fingertip.

Examples tiles:
    - Number/List of servers which have not reported data for over 24hours
    - Number/List of servers with Critical Errors in the last 4 hours
    - Host with most CPU utilization
    - trends/occurrences of a particular event over time
    and…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extensibility / Partner scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. arm and api for creation and managing OMS

We would like to add new OMS Workspaces using arm templates or powershell api.
    That way we could fully automate the creation of OMS for our customers.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Direct Data Import

Would love to directly import data into OMS DB

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. ARM Search API doesn't work in West Europe?

Hi folkks,
    when I'm trying to use the Seerarch API against a workspace in West Europe I Always get the following error:
    Invoke-WebRequest : {"error":{"code":"NoRegisteredProviderFound","message":"No registered resource provider found for location 'westeurope' and API version '2014-10-10' for type
    'workspaces'. The supported api-versions are '2014-10-10, 2014-11-10, 2015-03-20'. The supported locations are 'eastus, westeurope'."}}
    Everything works fine against workspace in East-US.
    The differences I can think of are:
    - workspace location
    - wroksapce name, the West Europe one is mnemonic (something like 'my-ws') the east-us ones are guid.

Any clue?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Extensibility / Partner scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I believe ‘name’ vs ‘guid’ (as shown in the URLs in portal) depends on whether the workspace was initially created thru OMS/OpInsights portal and/or thru Azure, and in which period they were created…

Please use api-version 2015-03-20 or 2014-11-10 when making calls to West Europe. 2014-10-10 is not supported.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base