Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OMS ability to monitor & Alert on Azure changes such as Tags

It would be great if it were possible to audit changes on Azure such as Tags, which we could then use to trigger runbooks. Currently I use a lot of time running automation runbooks on schedules to look for these changes. Auditing of any change in the portal would be great, then we would be empowered to alert on specific conditions.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  OMS Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Analyse logs from App Service in the OMS portal

Hello,

I would like to Analyse logs from an App Service in the OMS portal, right now it's posible to save those logs in a storage account but this one can't be linked to the Log Analytics for an analysis in the OMS portal.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OMS Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve the process for allowing OMS agents communicate with OMS Gateway

Currently if you have a server to be monitored by SCOM/OMS, you can configure the monitoring agent to forward event data via an OMS Gateway - to act as your conduit out to your OMS workspace.

Part of this process requires you run a powershell script, for each host you add to the Windows OMS gateway. You have to run the powershell:
    "Add-OMSGatewayAllowedHost -host <your_new_host>"

If you have a lot of systems, then you have a lot of manual 'touch-points' needed to do these on a one-by-one basis on the gateway server.

It would be great if you could have…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OMS Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please provide option to directly map blob storage for custom logs

Please provide option to directly map blob storage (for custom logs) in log analytics. Now the limitation is that, custom log files saved in a blob storage location (using log4net) can not be mapped directly in log analytics. Also the concept of installing agent is not required in this context.

For any Azure web site with custom logs stored in azure blob storage(format like .txt), should be possible to map directly to log analytics and get the data in OMS. Here there is no VM exists hence please provide an easy option for this requirement.
    Thanks

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Annoying - when a new log is collected alerts are generated on systems where it doesn't exist

This is annoying/bug, repro:
    - add a new log to be collected
    - on all systems where the log doesn't exist an error event gets logged and an alert is raised in OprMgr

Please filter out those errors *or* just perform a discovery first and apply the rule only where the log exists.
    Sample alert/event:
    The Windows Event Log Provider is still unable to open the OMS Gateway Log event log on computer 'xxxxxxxxxx'.
    The Provider has been unable to open the OMS Gateway Log event log for 647280 seconds.

Most recent error details: The specified channel could not be…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Expose OMS REST API to post ticket information by custom ITSM implementations who don't support PULL model

Expose OMS REST API to post ticket information by custom ITSM implementations who don't support or provide REST APIs to pull ticket information through querying at regular intervals (example: every 15 minutes).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. OMS - AD Replication status - A recognition error occured. Token: "ServerName". Postion: ***

We receive a positonal error after upgrading OMS to a new query language. The OMS language query upgrade resulted in some built-in queries stopped working, for example the built in query which throws error for AD Replication: ADReplicationResult | summarize arg_max(TimeGenerated, *) by SourceServer, DestinationServer, PartitionName, TenantId | where LastSyncResult != 0 and "DestinationServer == "ServerName.DOMAIN.Local"" | sort by TimeGenerated desc ->
    A recognition error occured. Token: "ServerName". Postion: ***
    An error position *** is pointing towards the first qoute character just before the ServerName. After a minor modification the query works: ADReplicationResult | summarize arg_max(TimeGenerated, *) by SourceServer, DestinationServer,…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The oms custom logs should support the custom timestamp rather than the static format

Hi,
    We are working with the Radius NPS (Network Policy Server) and would like to push this custom log logs to oms. However we got the failure.

"CLIENTCOMP","IAS",03/07/2008,13:04:33,1,"client",,,,,,,,,9,"10.10.10.10","npsclient",,,,,,,1,,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I referred to this guideline: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/platform/powershell-workspace-configuration#configuring-log-analytics-to-send-azure-diagnostics

and

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/platform/data-sources-custom-logs?toc=%2Fazure%2Fazure-monitor%2Ftoc.json#custom-log-record-properties

Looks like the oms custom log just only supported:
    YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS
    M/D/YYYY HH:MM:SS AM/PM
    Mon DD, YYYY HH:MM:SS
    yyMMdd HH:mm:ss
    ddMMyy HH:mm:ss
    MMM d hh:mm:ss
    dd/MMM/yyyy:HH:mm:ss zzz
    yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssK

I believe that the OMS would be used in many systems and customers, so the oms custom logs should be supported the custom timestamp as needed.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

9. tempdb page allocation contention text is misleading

I think the content of the issue "Configure the tempdb database to reduce page allocation contention." is misleading.

It states "SQL Server is experiencing contention when it tries to allocate pages. This can have a substantial impact on performance."

How are we collecting this information? From performance statistics or from the state of the trace flags?

This issue is showing on a totally idle server that I just added to OMS so I think it is from the trace flag status. If this is the case then the statement that "SQL Server is experiencing contention when it tries to allocate…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Filter Data Collection in OMS Gateway before send it to OMS

Please implement on the OMS gateway the possibility to filter the collected data before they are sent to OMS.

For example, compliance rules can be Using Regex.

This is a very important requirement from the security departments, so that no sensitive data such as UPN etc. get into the public cloud.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OMS Gateway as a a PaaS offering

Will there be a OMS Gateway as a PaaS offering instead of I setup my own infra, further reduce my CAPEX

OMS Gateway PaaS should
    - Include load balancing features
    - Abstract the need of the OMS firewall requirement when working with Firewall
    - Only allow secure OMS data to pass through the gateway for security control and compliance needed

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. search history should not include every query with invalid syntax

Currently I am new to the query language and many queries have syntax errors. The history of these invalid queries is filling my history and make it useless and confusing.

Ideas:
    - Invalid queries should not be added to the history.
    Pro : This would keep the history clean.
    Con: It would prevent organic query growth as I want to resuse/reedit the same code as my query develops

- Can we have the query history filterable so that invalid syntax queries can be hidden from the list?
    Pro: This would let me reference and reuse queries that I am actively…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Data not updating

What is the refresh time to get new data. My phone sees things that the web portal isn't reflecting. How do I keep this all in sync???

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  OMS Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 太難用

web response to very slow and 太難用,說明書太複雜及說明太少

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. OMS doesn't work after installing the OMS through the ARM Template

Make sure , OMS agent works better after installing it through the ARM Template using the OMS Extension.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 18.04

When can we expect Azure management included Operations Management Suite (OMS) to support Ubuntu 18.04 LTS?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Help track down an issue and fix it.

I'm having issues with seeing whats needed on my servers, and it may be due to having SCCM installed, per bpoe. If I can help isolate that and give you access to fix things, just let me know.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bug: OMS Gateway.msi - product id number not same after install (registery)

hi,
    i just tried to install the OMS Gateway.msi with the package dsc resource, unfortunately it installs not correct. Although it does install the oms gateway. issue is, by installatation it checks on ProductCode : 5225CCB2-878D-4D3E-8EF3-E9ED963556B7 .

BUT after installation , it registers with a different productcode CC7658E2-7EB2-44D1-97C0-D0048717F6A9 .
    for now i fixed it for my dsc configuration, might be a minor to look into

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base