Capacity "Virtual Machines Used" always shows static number
In the Capacity solution, the "Virtual Machines Used" always shows a static number regardless of the date selected in the slider. If I change the "data based on last 7 days" from the top right, I can get the count for a specific date, but the graph is still flat with only one number.
The Capacity solution based on VMM has been replaced with a version that no longer needs VMM.
Try it out and let us know if it helps with the capacity planning of your Hyper-V hosts.
Thanks for the feedback. The capacity planning solution is in the process of being updated to address the following customer reported challenges:
• Hard dependency on VMM+SCOM
• Inability to customize\filter based on groups
• Hourly data aggregation (data lag)
• No VM level insights
• Data reliability
Benefits of the new capacity solution
• Support granular data collection (improved reliability and accuracy)
• Support for Hyper-V
• Visualization of metrics in PowerBI
• Customizability using the Solution Designer
• Insights on VM level utilization