Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Nano Server

Support Nano Server

249 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integration with Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA)

I'd love to see OMS and ATA play together so I can feed ATA data into OMS, provide dashboards, etc.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Active Directory Assessment Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix Bug in Agent

We started seeing this error after installing the OMS agent on our servers.

An unmarshaling policy check was performed when unmarshaling a custom marshaled object and the class {45FB4600-E6E8-4928-B25E-50476FF79425} was rejected.

A quick search on the internet shows other people have the same error after installing the OMS agent also.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re aware of an issue that can cause this error to be logged when the Update Assessment solution is installed.
    You can check if this is what you’re seeing my temporarily removing the Update Assessment solution and confirming the errors stop.

The Update Assessment solution functionality is not affected and you can safely ignore this error.

4. Security and Role Based Access Control (RBAC)

Hi all. I have been trying to get my security team to allow us to join the preview, however they have been pushing back. Is there a way to control users' ability to only view data from inside the corporate network? I.e. not over the web.

Also, within the product, can you give role based access, e.g. application teams only have access to app data etc?

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow me to remove managed systems (Management Groups and Directly Connected Servers/Agents) from Usage page

Implements a feature to remove managed ( Management Groups and to Directly Connected Servers ) Overview Usage from want? I think even if servers Connected Directly, the agent is uninstalled, cannot be removed from Operational Insights Usage. Cannot disconnect in the SCOM Management Groups are for the Operational Insights on want to remove.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In the current implementation, Management groups CAN already be removed, but only once they are ‘stale’ == have not reported ANY data for >14days, the link to remove will appear.

The number of Directly reporting agents in ‘settings’ page is the actual number of servers registered, but the drill down will take you to search (where servers presence is inferred from the data).

We will be working on options to de-register directly connected servers, similarly to we offer for SCOM management groups.

6. Power BI dataset in PBI desktop

The PowerBI dataset that OMS creates via the PowerBI OMS export is apparently ONLY available in the PowerBI service (the website). We can't access with PowerBI Desktop, therefore we can't create datamodel or create measurements for the OMS exported dataset. This makes the excel connection completely useless.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Consolidate OMS Agent and ServiceMap Agent

Can we get a single agent for this solution? We are getting a lot of push-back on having two install two agents to get this functionality.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Map  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is something we are actively working on. Note that the two agents will likely never be fully consolidated into a single executable. What we are going to do is make it easier to manage the Dependency Agent so that in most cases, it’s not a separate manual install.

8. put service map in Australia.

add it to Australia regions :-)

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Service Map  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow community sharing of Saved Searches

Enable OMS users to share a saved search into a community search gallery that enables other users to search by category/tags, view a search, and add it to their workspace under a given category.

Please give additional comments and suggestions below!

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Extensibility / Partner scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. scroll bar does not work in chrome and Safari

When going to the OMS Alert list (Overview->Settings) in chrome (Version 61.0.3163.100) and Safari (Version 10.0.3 (12602.4.8)) on MacOS (Version 10.12.3 (16D32)) the scroll bar does not appear on the screen when you have more Alerts than is available in the list. Nor are you allowed to scroll down the list of alerts with a scroll wheel when that component of the screen has focus.
    The Scroll Bar works fine in FireFox (56.0) on the same computer. I have replicated this on multiple MacBook Pro's.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Alert Management Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Service Mapping for more than 1 machine

Service Mapping showing more than a single machine would be useful.

I'd suggest a query based model. OMS is based on Log Analytics, right ;-) The query should by no means be limited to computers; please allow for querying Log Analytics for processes, port numbers in use etc. etc.

Similarly it would be beneficial if the diagram could identify and highlight OMS registered machines and not only machines where the dependency agent is installed.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Map  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. IPV6 proxy support

Operations Management Suite Agent for Linux Public Preview (2016-01) work fine with an IPV4 proxy address but not work with an IPV6 proxy address.

Error with IPV6 address on proxy.conf:

[error]: Failed to parse the proxy configuration in '/etc/opt/microsoft/omsagent/conf/proxy.conf'

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Duplicate computernames cause issues for performance metrics

We have subscriptions that contain identical VM names in different resource groups. For most data events in OMS this is not a problem since they contain the ResourceID/Resourcegroup name.

The problem is that for performance metrics no unique information is logged in OMS to distinguish between those VMs. This means for example that when a "Disk full" Alert is triggered from these metrics, there is no way to know from which resource this alert originates.

Solution: please add resourceID to performance metrics, or at least the MMA agent ID.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. IP Trace (Country)

I see remote desktop failures alot. Some Chiness hackers are trying to hack my Windows Virtual Machines. I see many differnt IP address and it is hard to find where or which country's ip address. It would be great there is embadded IP TRACE feature so that I can see where IP originate from.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Backup and restore workspace configuration settings

Backup Workspace settings, dashboard, saved queries, and configuration - and be able to restore to a new workspace.
    Would help if configuration ever gets lost, corrupt, or we want to recreate a new workspace and keep some favorite settings.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. workspace

I would like be able to have a consolidated view over one o more workspaces. Consider a multinational organization with local IT running different parts of the infrastructure and a consolidated view for central analysis.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. linux

Could we see more documenation around the Linux OMS log forwarding function, and how to troubleshoot when things start to go wrong. I think this would be an excellent resource.

I've been working with OMS, using a linux (CentOS7) based agent to forward syslogs events to my OMS linux agent, and having that host route the relevant log events into OMS.

Having had some experience with logstash, I spotted that the architecture was based around fluentd, so I had a good grasp of what I was working with. I also have a decent level of unix experience.

With that said…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow to search for 'parts' of a datetime field

real world scenario: I need to analyze my alerts distribution by time windows (i.e. how many of them overnight vs during the day) and based on week day (how many on Sunday, Monday, ...)
    I think this scenario can be applied to every data source you have. To do that we need to be able to query on parts of the datetime fields.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search UI and Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I have this capability on my query language improvement backlog already. I would like to allow folks to search via local time (instead of ISO UTC time) and use keywords like Sunday, 6PM, etc.

This is currently behind JOIN, Regex, DEDUP, and search time custom field extraction.

19. Increase Quota of Custom Fields from 20 to 200

20 Custom fields too little. I am sure you can increase the quota from 20 to 200 without a sweat :)

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support for cloning of alerts

It would be nice, if we could clone existing alert rules in OMS.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Alert Management Solution  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Thanks for you suggestion.
    We are now looking at creating means for making it easier to template, deploy and manage alerts – we’ll incorporate means of cloning alerts in this. Will revert with more details as we progress and roll it out in future updates.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base