Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. extention log

please record the update activity for Azure VM Extensions in Azure Activity Logs.
    Some Extensions outputs error logs on system evt or syslog when these are updating, But it is not easy to confirm the update was done successfully via Azure Portal.
    If Azure Portal shows the update status and update activity, it is very good function.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

2. add configurable Hyperlink property/link to OMS tiles to allow click through.

I want to be able to click an icon which take me to another resource

e.g. I use OMS tiles extensively and I would like to provide a clickable link to another dashboards containing more detailed versions of the parent dashboard information.

Currently the top level tiles in Views are not flexible enough.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

3. Retrieve the portal time span and use it inside the kusto query

I am trying to access the time range selected from portal and use it inside the kusto query to show some metric (% uptime of a specific api using our custom logic).

Documents does not mention any variable or function that we will help to access the time range selected from portal.

It would be helpful to have a magic variable to see the time range selected from portal.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. OMS dashboard showing 0 (zero) computers in the Upgrade Readiness tile

OMS dashboard is showing 0 computers in the Upgrade Readiness tile. When you click on the tile it shows 13k computers

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cascading Input controls

I think we must have cascading filters options enabled in the filters section.
    The filter query must have the ability to accept the parameters to restrict the data of the dependent input control.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When pinning an Analytics query to a dashboard, you should be able to set a refresh rate

In Azure Log Analytics, you can write a custom query and then pin it to a dashboard. But the data presented cannot be configured to refresh regularly. The data is set to refresh once an hour, which might as well be no refresh at all. The rate should be set to something similar to Live Tile refresh rates, or directly configurable so that dashboards will present Analytics data that is not stale.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Scrap the overview tile

Id like to pin the drilled down dashview to the portal, I need to have the dashboard have less clicking. The overview tile just adds unneccessary clicks. Or even the same views in the dashboard view, be available in the overview tile. So the information is right there without the summary

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Building tiles and views based on saved Analytics queries

At the Moment we have to design a query in Analytics Portal, saving it for later re-use and then copying the query into View designer to visualize the result.
    It would be really helpful to be able to base views on saved queries. Instead of pasting the query it would be helpful to simply select a saved query. If then someone Edits the query the visualization gets automatically updated.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow updating Analytics queries for existing dashboard tiles

Creating a Azure Portal Dashboard tile based on an Analytics Portal query is super easy. But changing the query later on requires to re-create the whole tile.
    There should be a way to click on the tile, modify the query and then cklick on "Save" to simply modifiying the query and updating the Dashboard tile.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Using Thresholds as a front tile in OMS

It should be possible to how many circumstances that is giving out an Error, warning or normal on the front dashboard.
    Just like the solutions is doing with the recommendations red/green/yellow, it would be nice, if we could use the threshold to do the same thing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We want to customize the Donut dashboard. If the event ID generates, dashboard color should change to RED otherwise it should stays GREEN.

We want to customize the Donut dashboard. If the event ID generates, dashboard color should change to RED otherwise it should stays GREEN. Also there should be option for keyword in addition to value in threshold field. For example. I have a dashboard for monitoring Windows services. If the services status is stopped. It should be red otherwise it should be green.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to have different time duration on tiles on main dashboard

For the main OMS dashboard, we need the ability for each individual tile to have its own "time duration" for graphs & charts. We have some tiles that need to show the last 24 hours, and some that need to show the last 7 days

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would to embed Azure Personalized Views as Sharepoint web part

I would embed Azure Personalized Views as Sharepoint web part

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Showing all machines in designer view, rather than just 10

Currently have 15 machines feeding into one OMS portal.

In the designer view I have created tiles for CPU/Memory/Disk Space/Etc, but in the list it only shows a maximum of 10 machines, whereas the bar graph shows all 15.
    Is it possible to get an option to adjust the amount of machines that can be viewed in said section to allow for an easier management of the thresholds?

Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make it easy to display a Dahboard via a TV

I'd like to make the dashboard available via a TV...a readonly view so everyone can see the tiles and health of the systems we are monitoring.

We could create a url that contains a token to only the dashboard, so you don't have to authenticate to make it easy to supply to our digital signage system.

Thanks

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. How can i do advanced colour mapping on view designer

Please how can i use advanced colour mapping on view designer

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Not much data about what "Performing Assessement" means for Key vault preview

Trying to use the Key Vault Preview, but I can't seem to get it to show any data. I can search the logs and see that events are captured, but the tile for Key Vault just continues to say "Performing Assessment". Not really obvious what I need to do or how long I should wait before I assume it's broken or misconfigured.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Remove "Settings" tile on the Overview startpage

Wasted Space on the Overview. If even necessary move to configuration or remove entire after reaching 100%... it is no longer required.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Dashboard bugs

I ran into a couple of bugs:
    1. In My dashboard i added some tiles: The last tile or sometimes two) won't load and the site "freezes" while trying to retrieve the data. I can't press customise to remove that tile. It happens in different browsers.
    2. Office 365 connector doesn't produce Exchange usage data (Azure AD, Sharepoint and OneDrive do. In connected Resources it says the account is connected for Azure AD, Sharepoint and Exchange....
    3. One of my Custom Views worked fine until this morning and then for no reason just links to an empty space. Instead of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Remove News

Streaming news is annoying, we should be able to remove it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base