Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please make dashboard of each user "My Workplace Analytic" available on Sharepoint homepage

Dear Team, we would want to have a dashboard of workplace analytics display on the intranet homepage of our staff to provide a personalised view of their activity. Kindly provide us with a way we can achieve this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Private Link – Log Analytics" availability in public preview & GA

Make Log Analytics Private Link available in public preview and GA

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Region based Log Analytics VM agent deployment/enrollment policy or Security Center Setting

We're trying to ensure all VMs deployed in our environment is automatically enrolled into OMS/Log Analytics in their respective Region (or paired region depending on Automation Account Pairing restrictions).
    Current auto-enrollment settings found in Security Center would dump all VMs in a single subscription into one Log Analytics Workspace - not good as we're in 8 different Azure regions across the world.
    Log Analytics Agent deployment Policy can only be scoped down to Subscription and Resource Group - no policy scoping for Azure region available.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently the JSON log messages getting truncated and split inot multiple lines when its very long

Currently we are facing an issue while analysing application logs. When the JSON log message is very long its getting into multiple lines. Our requirement is to get them in one line. Could you please help us fix this issue? Please let me know if you need any further informations?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Log Management and Log Collection Policy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Log Analytics agent support for specific event IDs

I'd like to be able to ingest specific Windows event log event IDs. Considering billing is done by ingestion, there are some Informational events I need to ingest while ignoring other, extremely noisy events. In my opinion, there should be more than an "all or nothing" configuration approach.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Log Management and Log Collection Policy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Why Should I Choose PrimeStatement?

https://www.primestatement.com/ provides 100% customized residency and fellowship personal statements that will give you the ultimate advantage in your application. Our service guarantees that you will have one of the most unique, captivating statements in the entire entry pool.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Why Does MS Continuously Break Things that Work???

I have Azure Functions. For certain operations, during development, I use context.getLogger().severe(logMessage); Simple. Straightforward. AppInsights, as piggish as it was, would at least show the message by default. I did not have to learn yet another bit of syntax that is almost but not quite like some other logging syntax. Now, I look at Log Analytics (something wrong with AppInsights as a name? Who could guess) and I get a bunch of useless IDs, but DO NOT GET THE LOG MESSAGE by default. OR THE SEVERITY. Supposedly a field called 'desc' should be in the result (is that the log…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Issues activating Fx networks on Roku premiere ? ( FXnetworks.com/activate)

Fx Networks channel is one of the top lisited entertaining channel with lots of movies and shows on tv fxnetworks.com/activate . To know more , visit our Blog : https://www.go-roku-com-premiere.com/fxnetworks-com-activate/ or Call Us @ +1-844-740-1130.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide ability to schedule a query and export to a storage account

Azure Log Analytics has become a key for monitoring and operation. It would be great if Microsoft brings built-in schedule and export to a storage account. For example I have a query to query against AzureActivity. I would like to have that query be scheduled, and uploaded to a given storage account. I know this can be done technically with Azure Automation service though.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow to specify file name when exporting

It would be good to allow user to name the file when it is being exported. Currently file name is like query_data.csv. Or it should add the current datetime to file name

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Browser Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Update Management

We have over 1500 VM's around the globe. I am setting up Update management per region. I have created a automation account and workspace for each region UK, USA, Europe.
    I need a centralised location to update the patches and windows updates.
    Is there a way to connect to the update management workspace with out losing the subscriptions default workspace as that is connected to Monitoring agent and network watcher.
    When will the Update management be available in UKWEST workspaces.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Network Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow substitution in workspace expression identifier

I would like the ability to substitute the identifier in the workspace() expression. The use case is specifying what workspace to query based on a some logic (case statement, etc..). Specifically, if this worked:

let wspace="myworkspacename"
    workspace(wspace).Perf
    | distinct Computers

It would provide the ability to build some logic when working with multiple workspaces.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hard-delete option for Log Analytics workspaces

We're building immutable infrastructure for our product and would like to delete/destroy any resource on-demand. Unfortunately we noticed the Log Analytics workspaces use a "soft-delete" which gives us the ability to recover workspaces for a certain amount of time.

Although this is a nice feature, it also limits us in our ability to destroy and create workspaces at any given time. Therefore we would like to propose a "Hard-delete" option which needs to be configured explicitly when deleting a workspace.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. registry: custom registry groups and friendly name->how search ?

You offer to monitor own registry keys and you can define friendly name and own registry groups.
    But I was not able to find any way to build queries based on it like custom registry group or filter "friendly name" contains "mystring"

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Performance counter data for on Prem Analysis services is not populating

I have on prem Analysis services installed and the VM is connected to log analytics workspace to send perf data. I do have MSAS12 perf counters available but these counters seems to be collecting data only for older versions of Analysis Services and not the lates. For eg: MS Analysis Services 2017.

Any idea how I can pull perf counters of Analysis services 2017?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Want to display the graphs added to the Tile directly on the dashboard from View Designer.

Hello,

Now, we have to create query and use "Pin to dashboard" when wants to show the graphs on dashboard.
    However, View Designer can create easily some graphs.
    It is very effective if we can paste this graph directly on the dashboard.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to see what resources support Resource-Specific Diagnostics

Currently we aren't able to determine which resources support Resource-Specific Collection Mode. It is buried in the documentation for each resource: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/platform/resource-logs-collect-workspace It would be gratefully beneficial to have a complete list seeing Microsoft is recommending users to switch to this mode for their resources where applicable due to the 500 field limit on the AzureDiagnostic Table

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Cpu and memory Utilization of all deployed services in kubernetes cluster.

We were would like to get the CPU and Mem Utilization of all deployed services for the Kubernetes Cluster.
    The requirement is to get the CPU and Mem Utilization of each services separately in Single View within the dashboard.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Resource Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Need a metric for AKS Docker container restrarted count inside a pod.

Originally the Idea is to show the count of Docker Container getting restarted inside the pod and the Same should appear in the dashboard
    The existing setup allows us to see the container status like Running, Failed, Pending, succeeded and Unknown.
    The Developers would like to have the count of the restart so that they can understand the application behaviour.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Resource Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Service MAP on Dashboard, Service MAP read only sharing link

Service Map Shown in full screen, Sharing service map as a URL

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Map  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
  • Don't see your idea?