Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Settings dashboard exposed when switching workspace

Settings Dashboard is exposed to read-only users when the user switched from workspace where s/he is an admin.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cloning a view in OMS and then selecting cancel deletes the original view!

When copying a view by opening it and then clicking "clone" on top of it, selecting "cancel" not only deletes the cloned view but the original one, too!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. OMS not refreshing

Are there reasons that on one day OMS will update continuously and the next it does nothing no matter how many times you refresh or login/out. Hard to adopt if it's so inconsistent.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can't get portal to do anything

Nothing works. Can't configure anything. What's up????

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add tech support request to question mark on upper right corner

Add the possibility to create support request right from the question mark on the upper right corner. At the moment you are only directed to documentation which is not even nearly as comprehensive as would be expected from microsoft technical documentation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add a removal/delete option for Machines and VMs.

We accidentally ran the MMASetup-AMD64.exe on a desktop computer instead of the intended VM. Now that desktop computer is added to our automation group, but we can't remove it very easily. It'd be really nice if a remove or delete option were available in the GUI and we didn't have to code a removal through powershell for something that could be simpler.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Performance counter data for on Prem Analysis services is not populating

I have on prem Analysis services installed and the VM is connected to log analytics workspace to send perf data. I do have MSAS12 perf counters available but these counters seems to be collecting data only for older versions of Analysis Services and not the lates. For eg: MS Analysis Services 2017.

Any idea how I can pull perf counters of Analysis services 2017?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dedup only works on Numerical Tile view.

Sorry this isn't quite an idea, rather a "bug"?

When I used "Dedup" within a Search the resulting Tile that I create on My Dashboard will only show the De-duplicated value when I select the numerical visualization. If I select the bar or graph views it shows the non De-Duplicated value.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Upgrade Analytics

Hi, We are testing the Upgrade Analytics and have deployed the configuration to our clients and data is being collected. However I have two questions.

1. In the first window and the pane settings show 33% 1 of 3 items completed. Clicking on this pane I can't see what settings remain to be configured. Any suggestions?

2. I have also configured IE data collection by setting,
      set AllowIEData=IEOptInLevel
      set IEOptInLevel=1

But I can't see any data presented. Anything that I have missed?

TIA

Anderz Wedefelt

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. tooltip for menu

tooltips on the icons in the top right menu (settings, help, feedback, etc.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Better UI Experience for selecting perf counters

Adding performance counter is not intuitive and takes while to know that you need to type in the counter name.
    The UI is very slow and does not cache previously visited tabs and re loads it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Usage, Processing, Indexing

Have uploaded 7.6mb but given error on processing and indexing. No explanation on what is needed to do, or request for service, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. OMS Workspace Setting error - unable to see connected Azure Resource in OMS Workspace

unable to see connected Azure Resource in OMS Workspace from Azure portal.

I am trying to see the connected azure resource from "workspace datasource" from OMS Workspace created in Azure portal

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Azure Portal shows upgrade suggestion even when I am on Standard Tier

I have a workspace that is on Standard tier. Suggestion for upgrade the plan is shown even when I actually do need to upgrade as Standard tier does not have cap on Mbs send.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. usage per solution tile of Usage Solution only showing first 3 categories

The "usage per solution" subtile of the Usage Tile is only showing first 3 categories (blue) with values in the legend. The pink categories are not displaying a value for me

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. OpsMgr Management from Web Interface

Ability to remove OpsMgr groups from the web interface. I've done so in OpsMgr. But the change hasn't been reflected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Action confirmation for Save button

Pressing Save button should trigger some progress bar or confirmation that its completed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base