Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to remove connected computers from OMS portal

Currently we are exploring functionality of OMS to find out if it is worth offering for our customers. Right now we think that it is very interesting solution for managers because they can get quite complete view of health state of IT system from presented solutions without deep dive to log analytics.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bola carfasom

Agent shop

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a Workspace based on Gateway Sitename

Be able to create a Workspace for each Gateway server based on "sitename" parameter (from the Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.GatewayApprovalTool.exe tool). This would be a great feature since I got several gateway servers running on-premise for many separate costumer domains, that in turn connects to one management group.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Current User listed on top bar.

The current user should be listed on the top right bar along with the ability to log out. It is not important to display the Data Plan.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Closing workspace causing constant warning alerts in OpsMgr management server?

I closed a workspace that has connection to my OpsMgr (2012 R2 with UR6) mgmt. group. I then created a new one, went back to OpsMgr Console, did 're-configure Operational Insights' successfully. But since then, I've been getting alerts in OpsMgr on one of the mgmt. server saying 'Advisor failed to download the latest advisor knowledge management packs', with event 55002 happening every few minutes,
    event details shown below, I've tried reboot the server etc., did not help.

Failed to synchronize the latest Management Package information from Advisor Cloud service. Wait for the next cycle to retry. Reason: Microsoft.SystemCenter.Advisor.Common.WebService.GatewayCommunicationFaultException: A…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Workspace Settings / Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If the workspace is closed, the web service API don’t allow the management group – which is still ‘connected’ from its point of view to do anything.

If you did re-register the group to a new workspace, anyhow, it should start working again.

Those errors could be transient – MP’s download is attempted every 10 minutes – how often do you see those errors?
    Have you checked the actual list of MP’s imported in the environment? “Verify if things are working” – procedure 1 here http://blogs.technet.com/b/momteam/archive/2014/05/29/advisor-error-3000-unable-to-register-to-the-advisor-service-amp-onboarding-troubleshooting-steps.aspx

Also check the MPB’s that come with update rollups are imported (Windows Update does not automatically update those, as explained in the KB article for each rollup)?

6. give a status for how long for data to be indexed - always tell me when I have data that has not yet been indexed.

I submitted data about 30 minutes ago (via API), but don't see the data in the console yet - "we have not indexed data for this workspace yet" - is there a way to track how long it takes to index, and estimate when that data will be available?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. new designer change

oms's new custom designer is a very nice start would be nice if it could edit dashboards.
    or am I missing something..

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Privileged Access Workstation Auditing / PAW Auditing

I want to audit Admin's Privileged Access Workstation for protect Active Directory domain, Office 365, Azure and all.

PAW = Privileged Access Workstation.
    PAW need a lot of Policy setting. GPO, Local GP

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-docs/security/securing-privileged-access/privileged-access-workstations

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Copy Performance Counters Across Workspaces

Allow Performance Counters to be copied across workspaces. This would allow performance counters to be created and validated in a dev workspace and copied to a production workspace.

The experience would be similar to reading and saving Saved Queries and Computer Groups.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. custom filed

There is no option to remove multiple custom fields (checkbox). Also no option to change the custom field type (from text to numeric).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. PowerBI Error "Bad Request"

I am having problems signin in to PowerBI in my OMS workspace. Not sure what to do. I am seeing a bad request error message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Put Back System Center Connections

System Center Connection are no longer listed in the New Settings window. Customers can no longer tell how many system center environments are connect to OMS Workgroup.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. agent version

Please add the OMS agent build number e.g. 8.0.11030.0 *AND* the date it was released in the portal where you download the agent. While windows update is good, we only use it for "Security and Critical" Patches. Adding build and date info will help us track agent versions better.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Settings dashboard exposed when switching workspace

Settings Dashboard is exposed to read-only users when the user switched from workspace where s/he is an admin.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Cloning a view in OMS and then selecting cancel deletes the original view!

When copying a view by opening it and then clicking "clone" on top of it, selecting "cancel" not only deletes the cloned view but the original one, too!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. OMS not refreshing

Are there reasons that on one day OMS will update continuously and the next it does nothing no matter how many times you refresh or login/out. Hard to adopt if it's so inconsistent.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can't get portal to do anything

Nothing works. Can't configure anything. What's up????

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add tech support request to question mark on upper right corner

Add the possibility to create support request right from the question mark on the upper right corner. At the moment you are only directed to documentation which is not even nearly as comprehensive as would be expected from microsoft technical documentation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please add a removal/delete option for Machines and VMs.

We accidentally ran the MMASetup-AMD64.exe on a desktop computer instead of the intended VM. Now that desktop computer is added to our automation group, but we can't remove it very easily. It'd be really nice if a remove or delete option were available in the GUI and we didn't have to code a removal through powershell for something that could be simpler.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base