Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide an Intelligence Pack for System Center Service Manager

Create an intelligence pack for System Center Service Manager to provide additional analytical data for problem management, incident analysis, and configuration item analysis.

278 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. StorSimple Management from OMS

Could it be possible to add StorSimple to the OMS dashboard? I would like to see monitoring, usage, updates and snapshots from within the dashboard.

274 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. BizTalk Server Intelligence pack

Create an Intelligence pack for BizTalk Server, something similar to BizTalk Server 2013 Monitoring Management Pack:

- Application Views
    - Application Artifacts Views
    - Deployment Views
    - BAM Component Views
    - BAM Alerts
    etc

As a MS partner company we have several customers very interested in this feature!!

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Maintenance mode information feature

Please bring a feature to keep host maintenance mode information in OMS. It would be great if users can exclude hosts in maintenance mode from any dashboard. And the alerts can be suppressed if those servers are in maintenance mode. Exposing API for setting or getting maintenance mode information would be the best. Thanks

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add Office365 as monitoring object

I would like to have an Office365 IP. For example, I would like to monitor the mailflow. If no mail is comming in for a few hours, I need a warning that there might be something wrong.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide Intelligence Pack for AWS workloads

What I would propose is to extend the capability of monitoring AWS workloads beyond simply installing an agent on their IAAS VMs. The AWS management pack for SCOM (http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/WindowsGuide/AWSManagementPack.html) after importing the AWS IAM key into the system provides the capability to get fabric level details for their AWS environment.

•EC2 instances
    •EBS volumes
    •ELB load balancers
    •Auto Scaling groups and Availability Zones
    •Elastic Beanstalk applications
    •CloudFormation stacks
    •CloudWatch Alarms
    •CloudWatch Custom Metrics

If OpsInsight wants to target the cross platform as its goal, this should be a priority target.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add support for SQL Databases

To complete the monitoring scenario with PaaS services in Azure we will value the possibility of adding Operational Insights for Azure SQL Database to help to detect complex escenarios and points for improvement (most heavey queries, concurrency, use of the performance tiers, DTUs, in my apps, detect cpu consuming queries, RAM consuming queries, etc.).

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Next Generation Firewall Solution Pack

Possibility of leveraging OMS for log correlation/SIEM with 3rd party firewalls such as Cisco, Fortinet, Sonicwall, etc. Maybe have vendors create OMS solution packs for their product offerings to sell?

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. RDS infratruture monitoring

Hi Team, could we add monitoring for RDS infrastructure into MOMS ? ie. user logged on, user client IP, client IP latency , Client App latency etc.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dynamics 365 Analytics

I'd like to be able to analyse metrics from my 'Dynamics 365 for Operations' deployments (Prod and Sandboxes), much like you can O365 Analytics solution ...please :)

...I imagine this would appeal to CRM peeps too.

Cheers,

Thad

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Power BI dataset in PBI desktop

The PowerBI dataset that OMS creates via the PowerBI OMS export is apparently ONLY available in the PowerBI service (the website). We can't access with PowerBI Desktop, therefore we can't create datamodel or create measurements for the OMS exported dataset. This makes the excel connection completely useless.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. SNMP

We need to have a way to send SNMP data for network devices (snmp get or snmp traps) to OMS directly from gateway servers instead of implementing UNIX machine in the middle. this will help us a lot in measuring availability and performance of our network devices as well as define some security baselines for monitoring. we should not have to depend on unix to do this!!

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add native support for AIX

Provide native support for SCOM monitored AIX systems.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Office 365 Analytics - populate UserSharedWith parameter

The O365 pack gets logs of file sharing operations, and the user who shared, but the UserSharedWith is always blank. This is accessible in O365 audit logs

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. ADFS Auditing

It would be great if Log analytics could correctly identify and parse ADFS audit events. currently they are identified as "500 - The Desktop Window Manager is experiencing heavy resource contention."

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Business Service / Distributed Application health from SCOM

I would like to be able to provide a summary for a business service. For instance, if I had a 3 tier distributed application defined in Operations Manager, report on configuration, performance, security against the DA.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This isn’t really a prioritized scenario at this point, as we don’t really bring all of the OpsMgr data to the cloud, but only for specific scenarios (to which you can opt in/out by adding/removing ‘intelligence packs’).

I updated the category of this idea to match it is a new Intelligence Pack/scenario suggestion.

18. Integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365 - Organization Insights

Create a solution to monitor Dynamics 365 using Organization Insights: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/dynamics-365/mscrm.04931187-431c-415d-8777-f7f482ba8095?tab=Overview

- Usage
    - Capacity Managment
    - Performance
    - Licenses
    - etc..

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. PCI DSS V3.1 Intelligence Pack

Would I be able to create an Intelligence Pack that would monitor against defined standards such as PCI DSS V3.1?

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Let’s see how much interest this generates in the community.

Any more information about the scenario / use cases would be helpful.

At this stage you can start determining what data the solution would need, and if it is something that can be collected with the current ‘log managament’ or other solution’s capabilities – i.e. windows events / perf counters – and start writing your searches to get insights.

There is an uber-thread tracking ‘solution building’ here http://feedback.azure.com/forums/267889-azure-operational-insights/suggestions/6519059-ability-for-partners-to-create-intelligence-packs that links to a set of smaller items that will make building your own solutions eventually possible.

20. Intelligence Pack Updates

With IP's that are pushed out from Microsoft down to SCOM, it would be handy to have a RSS feed, or SCOM alert, that would notify that a new IP is being distributed, along with a list of changes.
    This could be also for changes to the Ops Insights website.

If anything does go wrong with a change MS makes, especially if it affects SCOM clients/monitoring, we can at least be aware that a change has happened.

As I understand, MS push out changes to IP's, so we have no control on when those changes affect our environment.

Currently I've…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We do multiple deployments a day, this is very challenging to do in a services world, especially for the cloud part: the portal and multiple other parts of the online service can change and be redeployed dozens of times each day, every day, on a typical week when developers check in new code, this goes thru a bunch of automated validation, and then gets pushed out.
    We have ability to show/hide new features to selected tenants/workspaces – but there are a lot of teams that independently contribute to the portal and system for various scenarios, and check in and deploy their changes independently thru automated workflows.

We intentionally go ‘slower’ with the Intelligence Packs – because we know that they can affect on-premises. Those are generally pushed out at a slower cadence, but can still happen a few different times in the same week; the deployment mechanisms are similar, but…

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base