Azure Monitor-Log Analytics

Welcome to the "Azure Log Analytics ":https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/log-analytics/ Feedback page. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Use this site for new ideas and bug reports or to request help.
NOTE – Log Analytics is now a part of Operations Management Suite. Learn more at http://microsoft.com/OMS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Collect & correlate Windows Server SMTP logs in W3C format

We utilize Windows Server SMTP Relay to send emails from SharePoint/Project Server to customer. I would like to easily monitor the logs using Op Insights.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Azure EA - OMS version

I have 1 Azure EA with several subscriptions.
    I'd like to option add services/servers from all those subscriptions to the OMS potal.
    Right now that option is missing.
    When will you implement such an option (for Azure Enterprise customers?)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Support millisecond/microsecond precision for time-generated-field in HTTP Data Collector

Support millisecond/microsecond precision for time-generated-field in HTTP Data Collector. Use ISO 8601 format YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss.msecZ

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

4. WebSphere

Acept WebShere logs to log analytics

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to change the logging time

We already log in UTC timezone on our machines, but the monitoring agent thinks it is in local time so it converts it.
    It would be great to have an option to switch between local and utc time when we are setting the delimiters for the logs

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Log Management and Log Collection Policy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Additional Paid Tier

Have a cheaper paid option for 7 days of holding data and unlimited upload

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to use storage account keys in a keyvault

Ability to use keyvault for storage account keys instead of having to update the OMS configuration everytime the storage account key is updated.

This storage account key process updates the keys and writes them to the keyvault.
    http://www.dushyantgill.com/blog/2015/04/26/say-goodbye-to-key-management-manage-access-to-azure-storage-data-using-azure-ad/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Log rotation includes dynamic folder name change

I am importing backup log to Azure log analytics via custom logs and will create alert if it fails ,but log rotation is enabled which will replace folder also,below is example.

/mnt/backupfileshare/tool/flow/0/2018-11-15_0744/azure-backup_file_incr0_2018-11-15_0744_9535.log
    /mnt/backupfileshare/tool/flow/0/2018-11-16_0744/azure-backup_file_incr0_2018-11-16_0744_9535.log

here my folders 2018-11-15_0744 & 2018-11-16_0744 also changing dynamically with log file.how to import this kind in Azure log analytic custom log

MS URL:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/platform/data-sources-custom-logs

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

9. Extend Keyword

Extend the OMS Extend keyword to permit mapping of a field value such as Windows EventID to a business friendly term. Example:

Type=SecurityEvent EventID IN {4728,4729} | Extend if(EventID=4728,"ADD","REMOVE")

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Log Management and Log Collection Policy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sorting of OMS-Upgrade Readiness items pending changes, should be filterable

the display of items pending change are marked in red, they should also be grouped.
    Adding a column (pending changes - y/n) that is sortable would be beneficial

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Help with Log Monitoring

Hello, I´ve had some trouble monitoring my Windows PC's; as you can see, the data only shows in time lapses an not continuosly, even if my machines are turned on all day long. I only get data between aproximately 9pm and 4am, but for the rest of the day there is no data from my windows machines.

Do you know if there's something I need to configure for it to be countinuous? Or any way to solve my problem?

Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Correct Syslog parsing

Add the correct / complete recognition syslog protocol. It is necessary to monitor network equipment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ingestion and analysis of netflow logs

In order to add to the Network Monitoring piece it would be useful to also allow collection of Netflow logs for analysis and visualization

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. log integration for linux machines

I would like to see integration between Azure Log Integrator and Linux VM diagnostics. Currently Linux VM Diagnostics data goes to a storage account but Azure Log Integration server does not collect the info. It only collects the info for Windows servers. It will be nice to also read Linux diagnostics into Azure Log Integrator.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. App Insights should have the capability to have a logarithmic chart.

When capturing stats against the 95/99th percentile latencies, it would be useful to have the ability to apply a logarithmic chart to App Insights. Currently, this can be completed in Splunk.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

16. Event Logs (Application, System, etc) not being collected on certain servers

I've added 8 new servers on the Operations console, and these servers are reporting heartbeat, alert, performance and usage data on the OMS portal.

Then when I run the query Type=Event Computer=*<domain>*, it doesn't return any information even after configuring the Windows Event Logs as the screen attached.

It's been more than 48 hours since the servers were added, and the events are collected from servers in a different management group and domain.

Please, what can be done in order to fix this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Service degradation

I am seeing a Service degradation for almost the entire day when using "measure - by". I have seen same error yesterday for few hours as well.

Filtering alone works.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Post Datas by Microsoft Flow

I want to Post my custom data from action in Microsoft Flow.
    To save logs of each step,
    and search log when trouble,
    and monitor log, send alerts.

Please action by HTTP Data Collector API.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. To collect critical event log of Windows computer

There are only 'Error', 'Waring', 'Information' type of Windows logs can be collect, but no 'Critical' events. My customer wish to collect and monitor critical event logs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add log sizes information for calculation purpose

Add information about the sizes of common logs from Windows, because customers don't own if the free tier will be enough for their environment

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base