Do you have any feedback on our support experience?

you allow Azure subscribers to report service outages/problems to customer support without a support contract.

Right now, I am trying to add a co-administrator to a subscription (something I've done many times before) and I get a useless message telling me the portal could not add subscriptions for the following co-administrator: [email]. It suggests I contact support, but there are no options to send even an email to support about a technical issue unless you have an extra support subscription. I should be able to submit a bug about an obvious error/outage in the system that has a useless error message without paying extra.

84 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Caleb Doise shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • RichO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! I do not need development support, I can do that myself and have figured out how to get resources set up. But then a database connection suddenly happens and there is no where to report that or even triage it. If you have an MSDN/Action Pack subscription you get some technical support with it...can't that be applied here somehow?

• Stanley Lim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. There should be a mean for the AZURE customers to inform AZURE that there is a possible service outage. It just does not make sense to ask customer to buy a support plan because your service is down.

I had this issue last week when the Southeast Asia Data centre had a major outage. I started experiencing the issue 2 hours before they declared it in the AZURE Status site. I tried to contact the support via a bill ticket but they said they cannot help me.. So I'm sitting there hoping that someone who have purchase the support plan has the same issue before Microsoft will start to look into the issue.

How ridiculous is that!

• Casper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree.
    If my site/web app suddenly goes offline for no apparent reason, I cannot even create a ticket for it. I just have to cross my fingers and hope "someone" notices it as some point...
    That is simply not acceptable! We are not talking about complex technical support, but simply keeping their SLA regarding uptime.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Incredible!

Another case of this: I subscribed a Storage Account. Due to Microsoft's issues, I cannot set a Custom Domain on it. They tell me to pay a Support Plan in order to merely receive my claim.

• Fabrizio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the feedback. It's really important to have a FREE technical support for issues on Azure side (e.g. a bug on the azure portal)

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1
    Targeting business customers and not providing an instant support for technical problems on the Azure site is unacceptable. Especially having us to pay for that support.

• ppGrnd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second the opinion, some of us we probably do not need a technical support as fast (and mostly very good) as the billing support we are used to, but a support where tickets are follow up by MSstuff would be nice
    (yes, I know the http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsazure, but sometimes topics do not get the expected attention )

Feedback and Knowledge Base