Do you have any feedback on our support experience?

Azure is Unfinished product, Support Sucks

We are currently on AWS.
We signed a contract to move to Azure.

I have had nothing but troubles and issues. How can you sell an unfinished product????

Your documentation is NOT there,
Your product is buggy as **** (cant even configure a set of servers to test my application)
SUPPORT SUCKS AS ****. I opened a ticket and it goes unanswered for months!!!!

Do yourself a favor and work with Amazon AWS. LEARN from them. their support is beautiful.

Our company has now decided to reverse our contract with Microsoft and stay with Amazon AWS.

If for simply initial configuration there is no documentation, and no one to support me and I have to beg on internet so that someone have pity on me and tell me he is going to help because he knows some other guy inside Microsoft (and yes it has happened),, THEN simply think what **** would I go through if I put my production on this useless platform.

Ridiculous.

P.S. I am talking about ARM,

150 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Atef Yamin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft Azure sucks, like almost all Microsoft products.
        So many pain to create ethereum Consortium. No luck with that.

Support sucks either.
        And they are charging money.

• Tapan Banker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Open Shift wasted my time, effort and is useless. The product is not at all integrated with microsoft azure, Stay away from Azure when it comes to open source stuff.

• Aditya Rawwat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support is horrible . if I am routed to Europe luckily its ok. But in Asia they dont have any idea on what to do. Provide me some dumb suggestions with dumb measures.

• Cathy Low commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I only agree about the support. I have opened tickets and no communication for days. Then I get an email informing that since they have not heard from me, everything must be working. The issues do not vanish just because you decide to not communicate with your customer.

• Miguel_02 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Worst documentation ever. Please provide complete and useful documentation. It is inconceivable to think that customers must drudge through blog posts or hacked together docs loaded with urls to other hacked together docs in order to piece together a solution. That may or may not work as expected and only after suffering through rediculous amounts of powershell. Don't even get me started on BGP and NSGs...

I agree. Created about 10 VMs and after a day half of them I cannot access. The portal says running and they are billing me but there is not IP and cannot rdp. redeploy does not work and no response form AZURE. Luckily this was for a client demo will move to AWS I cannot sell consultation on a unfinished product.

• MSpleasegoaway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why waste time with Azure when there are much better alternatives? Yea ok move your legacy to it but other than that???

• The Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we are still looking for an easy solution for a simple Shared Drive concept, ie we have users who currently put their shared files on their P: drive we need to move that to something and SharePoint just aint gonna cut it, these guys are not Web Developers and are not going to be creating "sites". So we looked at Azure Storage you know the blob this blob that stuff and though you can create a File Share you can not grant user permissions on a folder level, EPIC FAIL, so now we are looking at standing up a virtual Server just to map a drive and we are having problems with RDPing to that server and mapping the drive, why does this have to be so hard, the sales guy told us it was so easy, LOL ha ha

• Joe Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft Azure supoprt do not read messages. They keep ignoring my messages and then closing the ticket with "We haven't heard from you". Nothing is fixed after FOUR MONTHS.

Bad product. Do not buy.

I am so in agreement with this. I have dumped Azure for the same reason. But as long as MS does not lose the substantial part of the business over lack of support, I don't think the company would ever care.

Would it really be that difficult to create comprehensive documentation a'la AWS's well structured PDFs offering deep insight into their products?

It is beyond cumbersome to go fish for these silly blog posts with hyperlinks all over the place. It is disjointed, difficult to find, not particularly deep, often out-dated, and much more difficult then necessary

• Fernando Silva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is all true. Even to create a simple SQL SERVER you have problems. Need to create a need subscription? It is automatically disabled, and you need to wait for weeks until support solves it.

Support is terrible. The product is terrible.

• Macker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sadly have to agree with all of the above. UI, support, and intuitiveness are really poor compared to AWS - not even in the same league.

• Matthew Kosoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I could use all 7 of my `upvotes` for this topic, I would. Azure does not work as advertised, especially for Node JS apps.

• tdv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this product is a great platform, but the UI, documentation, and support SUCK!!!!!! garbage.
        are you for REAL, microsoft is pushing this GRABAGE, you should be bankrupt already!!!
        revamp the UI for a child to use, get GOOD usable documentation!!!

all I see is nice videos showing features, and saying pay HERE.
        no explanation of the costs, fees, how to contact anyone

pay for a support subscription for this garbage????
        are you kidding, go back to the tester and fix this, or go bankrupt!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base