Support Feedback

Are you using the Support submission experience in the new Azure Portal? Do you have an idea, suggestion or feedback based on your experience with Azure Support? We would love to hear it!

Please take a few minutes to submit your feedback in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft team responsible for Supporting Azure.

Please remember this is a Feedback forum, and should be used for ideas and suggestion related to Azure support. If you have a technical or subscription management support need, please open a Support Ticket from within the Azure Portal. If you cannot login/access the portal for some reason, submit an incident here. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, App Service, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right hand side of this page.

Remember that this site is only for support feedback, suggestions and ideas!
  1. Standartize product names on this feedback site (feedback.azure.com)

I was looking for the "Azure Data Factory" feedback section and it wasn't there in the list on the right - neither was Azure Data Lake Storage.

It took a while to realize these products are mentioned, but without the "Azure" part in their name.

This is confusing...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please allow for an "others" category. What if my request does not fit any of the categories you have?

While creating a support request, we have pre-defined categories and options. What if my need does not fit in any of these?
    Recently i needed help with Azure lighthouse configuration which was not working. It was very difficult to create a request since it did not fit in any of the categories.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Don't show Azure Support Plans, when customer is mapped to Premier/Unified

When a billing account is mapped to Premier or Unified Support, in the Azure Portal we still show the Azure Support Plans (Developer, Standard, Pro-Direct). As the customer will receive already the higher level Premier / Unified Support, the other support plans should not be shown anymore. Causes confusion at subscription owner level, when the Premier / Unified Support is ordered on enrollment level.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Extremely disappointed with Azure Support

We have been associated with Azure for the last 3 years and bill about $10,000/month. We had an incident of data loss due to an accidental delete command.

The support during the incident was good and bad. The first agent was terrible and told us nothing could be done. The second agent which we got assigned after 7 hrs after multiple escalations was very good but couldn’t do much because of the delay due to opportunistic recycle of VMs and disks. The incident led to business loss and reputation loss which affected us pretty badly as you can imagine.

A…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Working phone number

How about a direct dial phone number to be included in a support persons email so that we can contact them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. support ticket history limited to 6 months

Hi
    We have just recently found that support ticket history has a maximum time of 6 months worth of history . I opened a request to find this information it was confirmed 6 months was the maximum time scale.

We would like a way of outlining to the business the history of issues unless we track them ourselves within a given 12 month period , which is double the effort for the team here.

This solution should be an easy fix and in theory.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Increase the size of the input field in Azure Support tickets

When you have an open ticket in "Help + Support" on Azure, and you click the button "New message", the input field is very tiny (3 lines) and makes it very hard to write a structured message. Please increase the input field in height!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Send billing invoices via e-mail

There seems to be no means for me to receive technical support billing e-mails. I am being charged monthly and the only way to provide my Finance and Accounting department any invoices or bills is for me to login each month into the Azure portal and search out for this billing page and manually download the PDFs, which is tedious.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Application Gateway WAF V2 filter by FQDN HostName

I'd like that WAF could filter by FQDN Hostname. I don't find out something that filter the inbound connections by hostname only by IP address. The documentation speak abount:

RemoteAddr – IP Address/hostname of the remote computer connection

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Azure CSP Multiple Support Contact Options

Support a way to create multiple support contact options within Azure CSP. This is beneficial when a CSP Partner has multiple business units within their organization and want to provide a differentiated experience for customers based upon the solutions that are procured from them with the granularity to select this on a per customer or workload basis. I.E. a support contact for customers that procure a secure cloud offering, a support contact for very large enterprise customers, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Upload multiple images during incident creation in azure portal

Currently you can only upload one file when creating incidents in the Azure Portal. Additionally, there is no information on this which makes it easy to just overwrite the single file that you upload without knowing.

After the incident has been created there is a super nice view for uploading multiple files. Please include this component when we create issues instead.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PDF Invoice for Azure Support Contracts

Our Azure Invoice comes monthly with a PDF attached.

The Support Contract sends an email but no PDF attached.

To view the invoice, we must login to the portal, view and download the invoice. Then Send it to our AP for payment processing.

Simply attaching the invoice PDF for support contracts would be a simple fix saving a bunch of time for your customers.

Appreciate your time in resolving this issue.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. allow invoice-to-email also for support packages (including standard support)

Invoice-to-email is available for azure resources but not for the invoices for standard support package. It would be very convenient to either integrate the service fee in the invoice of azure services or to be able to send the invoice by email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Developer support plan - if there is a commitment of 6 months, its better documented for reference

Hi Team,

We have taken the Developer support plan expecting its a monthly subscription but while having a call with Azure support we came to know that its a 6 months commitment and it will be shown while subscribing to it.

In fact, I didn't notice that but I expect it should be somewhere documented for customer reference. Its really interesting to know, nowhere this information is written.

Also, I suggest it should be reflecting on the bill like 2/6 - meaning 2 months of 6 months commitment completed for customer reference which is missing.

I suppose this should be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Don't charge for supporting your platform when you charge for the service

When Azure fails, you ask me to pay for a support plan to ask you to fix it!

But, I'm already paying for the service. Why should I pay you to fix things when you're not providing the service that I'm paying for?

Its ok to charge if I have a technical 'question' or need help with understanding something. But, to charge when there's a problem with Azure is very, very wrong!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Database Diagrams

When I try to open a new/install database diagram, It gives "Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user MY PC', error code 0x534. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider".
    What should I do?
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. How do you contact Billing support? This is ridiculous.

Here's an idea... Have a real support group! Put a link to email or chat someone that has a brain. I cancelled my account and still getting billed so I go to the website again and can't find anything for contact. I submitted a ticket and don't expect a response after reading all the feedback.

Microsoft should be ashamed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Better notice when Azure UK South issues occur

During outage at UK South we received no notification of an issue, health monitors and status pages failed to flag an issue. This cost and our client significant time and resources as we initially thought the issue was code based or installation problem when in fact it was a storage instability at the hardware level (managed by MS-Azure). 8 hours of senior staff will now have to be written off, repetitional damage and client relationship to be fixed. Please improve this urgently. A simple notification to us would have assured us it was in-hand and saved us much.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide a one month minimum period for Developer Support

I don't mind paying $30/m for support when online searching fails but please change this to a 1 month minimum period. It is not feasible to pay $180 for 1 technical question you have that is holding your project up. Furthermore, there is no mention of the 6 month minimum period in the Ts and Cs which I have just discussed with your support team nor is the downgrade back to basic support actually working. The "Developer" tier just keeps running and you have to go to the old "billing" portal to cancel the "Developer" subscription. Please fix this bug…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have a chat support agent that’s available on the country of origin

Something similar to most applications where you can chat with an agrnt.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Support Feedback

Categories