How can we improve Azure Cosmos DB?

CORS support

I don't understand why you've released a Rest API and Javascript SDK if DocumentDB doesn't support CORS, if we need a proxy due to this limitation and due to the same-origin policy the Rest API is useless.. do you plan to support CORS?

Thansk, regards
Giordano Pellegri

199 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Giordano Pellegri shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Giordano Pellegri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Martin,
        you always need a permission key to update/access DDB as a first security level. The CORS help you to save money (proxy barriers) and improve the performance allowing direct connections between clients and DDB, yes this could open security issues but this is way CORS normally is configurable to grant the access only to specific domains and specific verbs (like GET).
        Anyway CORS is already supported by other Azure services like Storage, so I hope it'll be supported also by DDB (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn535601.aspx)

Regards,
        Giordano Pellegri

• Martin Svensson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not touching the question on risks in exposing your db like I understand you are suggesting I think the javascript SDK is targeting NodeJS developers and REST and js both functions to brand the product as language agnostic as well as MS stack independent.

Feedback and Knowledge Base